ganthore
PC Specification: i7-4770K, GTX 780, Win 7

Recording Problems

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:35 pm

First I just want to say that I love your software (when it works!)

I only have 2 issues that are plauging me and unfortunatley they seem to happen at random so I can't give a solid process to reproduce the problems. I am currently using the latest stable version of your software which I think is 1.16 at the time of this post.

1) Recordings stop abruptly
I'm recording with mp4 enabled at 720p. The performance of the system does not suffer which is awesome! However, at some point, there will be a bried stall during gameplay and the recording will STOP, however the HUD will say that it is still recording. I record to a seperate 7200RPM SATA 6 drive. My graphics setup is comprised of 2 video cards, one being my GTX 780 and the other is Intel IRIS which is only used over Lucid Virtu if I add an application to the profile, you app is not there so only the GTX 780 is being used. This is on a Window 7 x64 setup with all the latest patches from M$.

2) Audio glitches out
This is an odd one. While recording the audio will suddenly glitch out and things sound more like an Atari 2600. I'm using a high end Creative Zxr card with the latest drivers. If I close down my game and the Action! software, the sound will continue to be a problem until I reboot the system. This never happens with any other program or game, only when Action! has been running.

I have attempted to remove my older screen capture software but that did not seem to help with either of the issues reported above.

Any information regarding a resolution to either of these problems would be greatly appreciated.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: Recording Problems

Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Please send your feedback to our support team via support@mirillis.com. This issues need a closer investigation.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

ganthore
PC Specification: i7-4770K, GTX 780, Win 7

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:46 pm

Small update....

My sound problems seem to stem from the card and not action! I was able to reproduce the problem without opening the action software so please disregard my first problem. If anyone owns a Creative ZXR you may also run into the problems I described in my original post with software outside of Action!

Regarding the second problem, I haven't witness Action! abruptly halting anymore while recording but I'll try to test that some more and provide the info you originally requested when I have the time.

SapioiT
PC Specification: W7, Core2Duo, AMD Ati His, etc.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:38 pm

I know that the first one was happened to me, also... few times because I had the same software (game, in my case) opened twice, and few other times I have no idea why...

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”