grimlp
PC Specification: Core i7 @ 920, AMD R9 280x, Windows 8.1

This is just...unacceptable...

Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:13 am

I just sat, recording for 30 minutes. I make first impression game videos on youtube. While I was recording, I would glance down at my indicator on screen to make sure everything was working. No problems so far. Indicator is red, timer is going. So I sit, have a great recording session for 30 minutes, then I hit the button to stop recording. I go to my output folder to watch the video, and my heart sinks. The video length is 1:20. I refresh the window, thinking maybe it just hasn't updated. But no. That's it. I get 1:20 of recording out of 30, and the audio from my microphone is robotic, and jumps around to different points in my speaking.

I don't know how many of the people in your company produce regular content for youtube, but it takes a lot to put yourself out there time and time again, hoping you're doing it right, maintaining an upbeat personality, and rolling with what's going on. The fact that I have to do it again (with a different screen recorder, that's for sure) is soul crushing. I had a great 30 minute recording, and now I have to start from scratch. It's hard to maintain that level of enthusiasm the second or third time you're trying to record a video. I paid for a product, and I expect it to work. I did everthing I was supposed to do on my end of the screen. I did a 5 minute test recording, which worked fine, and I recorded for over an hour yesterday. Now this...

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: This is just...unacceptable...

Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Please contact our support team directly via support@mirillis.com.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

venom099
PC Specification: Intel i5-3570k, GTX 660, Windows 7

Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:09 am

I actually had the same issue recently. Recorded for about 15-20 to test recording in a game, and went to check and it was only like 2 minutes. Not sure how it happened.
I have another issue as well though. I've been trying to record some Deus Ex: Human Revolution gameplay for the last 3 days. When I check my recorded footage though there will be lots of skips/dropped frames here and there. This seems to only be in Quick Sync mode. AVI tested fine, but I can't use those file sizes. Haven't found a fix yet.

Elochai
PC Specification: Intel Q6700, BFG 260 GTX OC, Windows 7

Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:00 pm

One of the issue that can happen, is that during your recording, you hit the key to stop the recording.

This is something to watch out for, even tho the record buttons are F9 and shift + F9 by default, with a keyboard such as a Logitech gaming keyboard with programmable keys, it can be easy to trigger the record commands. I have found that by default my on my keyboard that the programmable keys are set to F1 - F12 and combo keys such as Alt + Keys, Ctrl + Keys, and shift+ keys. I found that out as I hit them by mistake a few times.

DKsDEVIL
PC Specification: I5 2500K, Gtx 770, win 7 64 bit,

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:46 pm

i had this happen before new beta of action after i use first new beta no problems and it only happend before in mp4 mode.

DKsDEVIL
PC Specification: I5 2500K, Gtx 770, win 7 64 bit,

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:48 pm

venom099 wrote:I actually had the same issue recently. Recorded for about 15-20 to test recording in a game, and went to check and it was only like 2 minutes. Not sure how it happened.
I have another issue as well though. I've been trying to record some Deus Ex: Human Revolution gameplay for the last 3 days. When I check my recorded footage though there will be lots of skips/dropped frames here and there. This seems to only be in Quick Sync mode. AVI tested fine, but I can't use those file sizes. Haven't found a fix yet.
record in avi and then use the program to convert them to mp4 take no mutch time.

venom099
PC Specification: Intel i5-3570k, GTX 660, Windows 7

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:14 pm

DKsDEVIL wrote:
venom099 wrote:I actually had the same issue recently. Recorded for about 15-20 to test recording in a game, and went to check and it was only like 2 minutes. Not sure how it happened.
record in avi and then use the program to convert them to mp4 take no mutch time.

Actually I figured out my skip problem was with a bad driver for my intel HD graphics. A few days prior I had ran windows update and it had updated it. However I went to the intel site 2 days ago and found there was a newer driver. Now my recordings are smooth as butter thankfully.

Also I haven't had another instant with the recording stopping early yet. Though accidentally hitting the key isn't likely for me cause I have them bound to - and * on the numpad. Also when it happened to me it still showed as recording all the way through so still not sure what the problem was. Haven't ran into it again though.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”