Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:30 pm

What can I do about it?

PS: Sorry about the late response

-SenseiTech

influx
PC Specification: Windows 8.1, i7-3770k @3.5GHz, 2x GTX670

Re: Action! has stopped working!

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Please find out what GPU (graphics card) you have in your machine because auto detect may not work as intended. You should have the AMD driver tray icon in your taskbar which you can right or double click to open the control center (I think that is what it is called). It should display you the model you have built in in the information panel. After you found out go to http://support.amd.com/en-us/download. Go through the Steps 1-5, fill in the forms correctly and download the Software Suite which is displayed on the next page.
UPDATE: according to your dxdiag you have a AMD HD 7350 card. You can download these drivers http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/d ... t-packages

Then I'd try do uninstall Action! and your graphics drivers. Some people would also suggest to use some driver cleaner tools but I don't.
When you have uninstalled this restart your computer, install the newly downloaded AMD drivers and then install Action!

Maybe this works for you. Otherwise I advise you to get support via Teamviewer or something...

SenseiTech
PC Specification: Windows 7 x64bit

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:01 pm

So, I took your advice and I was looking at the requirements for the driver, and it says I need the Catalyst Control Center, I don't have it on my computer, but I have it on my laptop. I cant find a download link or any traces of the program on my computer. So I don't know what to do now.

influx

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:15 am

The Catalyst Control Center is included in the software package I linked for you.

Again, this is the link (which directs me straight to the download page): http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/d ... t-packages

Download the driver and install it (AFTER you have deleted older driver versions on your machine).
It says in the requirement for the driver that you need the Microsoft .NET4 Framework which you might not have installed yet. You should get a prompt on your installation if the Framework is missing. If it is, you can download it here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download ... x?id=17718

This is the english version, choose your language if you have another setup on your PC.

Hope this helps. Just report back ;)

SenseiTech
PC Specification: Windows 7 x64bit

Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:42 pm

So I searched online for a great driver removal soft ware and I got prompted to Driver Fusion. I really dont know how to use it and if there is another one I can use thats better or simplier, that would be helpful. I have Microsoft .NET 4.5. Does it affect it? Thanks again!

influx

Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:08 pm

As said in the other post I wouldn't advise you to use such a tool. Just uninstall the drivers and Mirillis Action! through the control panel in Windows where you can uninstall programms. Just try that and install then install the newest driver (see link) and Action! again.

craftxbox
PC Specification: Windows 8/7

Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:55 am

I have the same problem except it is working it just pops up and then it has to close

influx

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:04 pm

did you guys get any further?

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:51 pm

We have found few issues related to the MP4 recording, but the crash at start-up issue didn't occur in our lab. The only thing we have found through users report analysis is that this is mostly related to the outdated video drivers.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

the9quad
PC Specification: i7 4930k, 3 X 290x's, Windows 10 64 Bit

Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:54 am

It crashes because I can almost guarantee they are using the same folder to store videos/screenshots with other apps that do the same thing (Raptr/OBS/Afterburner/Dxtory/Fraps etc..) the problem arises when those programs use a container that Action! doesn't like. Well what happens is, action fires up goes to display the thumbnails of those video/images has a conniption fit because it doesn't like those files and crashes. Solution empty those folders you have action! pointed to or have it point somewhere else. Your welcome. :D

Example:

Action set to store videos in C://Video
Afterburner set to store videos in C://Video

You decide to use Afterburner to record a video using it's VCE h.264 codec, and since it only works with the .MKV container you encode using the mkv container

Later on you decide to open Action!, and bam crash. It doesn't like that video using the mkv container from Afterburner in there.

Hope that explains it for ya, mirillis so you can implement a fix or post this solution as temporary fix,

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”