CaptainSharkFin
PC Specification: i5-4690k | GTX 970 | Windows 8.1

Re: Users' Wishlist

Thu May 21, 2015 1:14 am

I would like for there to be an indication on the Action! HUD that shows if whether or not the microphone is activated and recording. I'd discovered with a video I had only just now uploaded that the entire last eight minutes where I had actually been commentating was completely silent because I had accidentally hit the microphone PTT key.

Being able to turn off my microphone during the middle of video recording so that the focus could be on the gameplay is one of the most crucial features with Action! that keeps me with the program, but it'll get really frustrating, really fast, when I have to periodically turn it off and then forget to count how many times I press the button.

disi
PC Specification: AMD all the way

Tue May 26, 2015 4:17 pm

Just want to add.
Please keep Mantle support, I think this is the only tool out there to make screenshots or record videos. This worked great with Dragon Age Inquisition on my system, while the directx cry-babies had crashes all the time.

Also with upcoming Mantle in Cryengine, there will be a hell lot of games I want to run in Mantle ;)

RoxisRox
PC Specification: Windows 7

Tue May 26, 2015 11:57 pm

I cant do anything because apparently i had a trial (but i bought ACTION!) and i can't find my key on any of my or parents g mail and it does piss me off. does someone think they could help me with this

sweduck75
PC Specification: i7-6700K, GTX980Ti, 16GB RAM, Win10

Sat May 30, 2015 4:48 pm

Instead of you having to figure out a good way of adding support for chroma key, how about just adding so that we can choose to have our webcam saved as a separate file? That would open for us to be able to edit out the chroma ourselves during editing and also move the facecam around as we want. All this without the hassle of using several programs when recording who often ends up being our of sync.

Pain
PC Specification: Intel Core i7 4970, GTX 760, Windows 7

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:09 am

I would love if the stream feature was more flexible, i mean, like OBS, you could edit sources, scenes and other stuff, this would be really really nice. ;)

freeleecher
PC Specification: 2700k 2x290 windows 7

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:28 am

Have youtube not refuse to encode due to unknown format.
3200x1800 res avi 60 fps and 30 fps

Lossless fraps works but this don't :(

Compulsion84
PC Specification: Windows 7

Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:36 pm

I would really like to see the following:
  • Better webcam controls. I would like the ability to control zoom and add a mask at the very least. The ability to fully control things like brightness and saturation would be a big plus too.
  • Output the webcam to a totally separate video file. This way I can go full screen during intros / outros and place the webcam exactly where I want it. I've placed a webcam over a mini map before and since it's burned into the video file, I can't fix it during editing.
  • When using multi channel audio recording, the ability to output the mic audio to a separate file. Other programs do this and it's a great feature. Not all video editing programs recognize multiple audio tracks in one video file. This forces me to extract the audio with a third party program, which wastes time and makes my video file bigger.
Last edited by Compulsion84 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

pckool
PC Specification: Windows 7, Sapphire R7 260x, AMD A6-3650

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:14 am

Only thing I want:
A transparency option (Maybe even a slider) for the in-game overlay
This would cause the blue-black border to become more or less transparent, but all the important numbers to remain the same level of clarity.

DrunkMonk74
PC Specification: i7-5960X, GTX Titan X, Windows 10 x64

Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:24 am

So close to being the complete recording software. Quality is amazing, just wish Action! supported recording multiple audio sources, (three), into separate tracks. Would love to hear if this is actually being worked on (hint hint, wink wink) ;)
i7-5960X @4.2GHz; Asus X99-Deluxe; 64Gb DDR4 @2133 MHz; 256Gb 850 Pro; Titan X SC; Asus PG279Q; Kraken X61; AX1200i 1200W; SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless; Logitech G13; Logitech G900; SteelSeries QcK XXL; Phanteks Enthoo Luxe; Windows 10 Pro x64

Andarne
PC Specification: AMD FX6300 6-core 3.4GHz, Windows 8.1

Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:03 am

The one thing that's pushing me away from Action!, despite my many months of usage, is the lack of multiple-audio source selection.

Looking at PlayClaw 5, which is also on Steam, the program can be configured with custom audio sources (in my case I need System, Teamspeak (headset) and Mic). Currently Action! only supports one output and one input.

I'd like the ability to add custom audio sources and, of course, save them as separate files instead as another track on the video. I don't want to have to mess around with Virtual Audio Cable just to record other sources separately.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”