Few must have features Action! has been missing for some time:
1. 3rd audio source support to record as separate audio track
- My setup involves having VoIP(discord and other) output as separate audio device.
Currently you can have only two audio sources enabled and recorded into single file - System (Game/App) and Microphone, current workaround for this would be recording the 3rd audio source into separate file, but it just adds unnecessary steps to postproduction workflow.
Same applies when I want to record video from external device with 3 or more audio sources for example: External device audio, Microphone and VoIP and or PC audio.
2. Improve recording from external devices experience
- which includes:
- Allow time-shift feature to be used when using Action! in external device record mode - pretty easy to do, code is already there, but used exclusively in Game recording mode only,
- Allow external device audio loopback in Preview mode, so you can actually hear (for example) the game on the console you're playing,
- When in preview mode, dont jump back to File Manager when recording is started or stopped,
- Make device settings exclusive to the respective modes, right now when changing from Game to Ext. Device recording mode (or vice -versa) you need to re-select audio devices, why would you want to record mute ext. device audio as primary audio when recording a PC game, resulting in a mute recording?
Hope to see at least few of those suggestions in upcoming updates