FordmanIV
PC Specification: Windows 7

PTT delayed...

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:34 am

I recently purchased Action! to do some video recording of gameplay with friends, and I noticed that the PTT feature is extremely delayed, sometimes by up to several seconds before it begins recording the microphone. This is noticed not only in the recording itself with missing conversation from the microphone, but the microphone icon on the Action! control panel takes a few seconds to light up.

I noticed there were previous posts about this that didn't seem to have any answers or direction. Is there a fix for this somewhere that I just can't find? I've seen people commenting on this since 2013, so I'm hoping some work has been done to rectify this?

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: PTT delayed...

Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:58 pm

Do you use the same hotkey for PTT in another application?
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Pit
PC Specification: i7

Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:10 pm

This happened for me as well and eventually I disabled the PTT option.

FordmanIV

Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:35 am

At first, yes the same key was used to activate PTT in TeamSpeak 3 as well. I wondered if that might possibly be an issue, so I chose a random key that wasn't used in either TS3 or the games I was playing (picked 'v' as example). The same issue persisted.

Interestingly, when I'm recording my desktop the lag doesn't happen; the key is shown to be pressed immediately and the recording doesn't get cut off. If just seems to happen whenever I'm playing games, which is what I'm actually wanting to record.

So far I've noticed this in Payday 2 and Minecraft.

Also, my specs are as follows:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8168MB RAM
Page File: 3864MB used, 12471MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6798)

I'm saving the recording to an internal SSD drive, so I do not believe that could be a bottleneck.

FordmanIV

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Any ideas?

FordmanIV

Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:00 pm

Well due to no one answering or attempting to resolve this issue (which seems to be a recurring theme with this software/company based on the forum posts), I've found the best solution myself: I un-installed the Action! software and went with another company's software that works perfectly.

My last question will be - what do I do to get a refund for purchasing Action and disabling my account key?

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”