MrTra1tor
PC Specification: i7-4790k, R9 Fury X, Win10 64bit

AMD MP4 60FPS becomes 50FPS in the output file

Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:21 pm

It's not a drastic difference, but it just looks awkward. It's not 30, and it's not 60, it just looks half choppy.

Action! version: 1.22.0.

hej
PC Specification: 7970, 8350, Win10 x64

Re: AMD MP4 60FPS becomes 50FPS in the output file

Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:19 pm

OMG LOL, you're totally right. My AMD 60FPS video is 45FPS!

Guess that's how they fixed out of sync audio chipmunk noises and sped up video gibberish for 60fps videos, they made them 45fps, what a joke!

MrTra1tor

Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:34 pm

hej wrote:OMG LOL, you're totally right. My AMD 60FPS video is 45FPS!

Guess that's how they fixed out of sync audio chipmunk noises and sped up video gibberish for 60fps videos, they made them 45fps, what a joke!
I hope it's temporary, because they've had the same problems with almost every Action! version since the May 2014 patch (the one that came right after AMD MP4 came out), and they've fixed it in a bunch of the updates.

Email the support if you want to downgrade to v.1.20.2 (latest stable patch). I did that, and it's working perfectly, except for some minor audio errors at random times (not anything that'll kill the plans of uploading the video to Youtube, or something. Barely noticable).

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:58 pm

This is called variable frame rate. If your computer cannot handle the encoding process with selected settings your frame rate will be downgraded to keep the video smooth. Otherwise your video would look like power point presentation.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

MrTra1tor

Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:08 pm

radi wrote:This is called variable frame rate. If your computer cannot handle the encoding process with selected settings your frame rate will be downgraded to keep the video smooth. Otherwise your video would look like power point presentation.
But some early versions, where the same issue got fixed, doesn't have that and they are working just fine. 1.20.2 is the latest example.

hej
PC Specification: 7970, 8350, Win10 x64

Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:34 pm

MrTra1tor wrote:
radi wrote:This is called variable frame rate. If your computer cannot handle the encoding process with selected settings your frame rate will be downgraded to keep the video smooth. Otherwise your video would look like power point presentation.
But some early versions, where the same issue got fixed, doesn't have that and they are working just fine. 1.20.2 is the latest example.
True that. Also other recording software has no issue recording 60fps with double the bitrate without being a power point presentation.

neizel
PC Specification: Core i5-2500K, AMD R9 280X, Windows 8.1

Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:42 am

What really looks like a powerpoint presentation is making videos at "variable" framerate on 60Hz screens.

I'm a new costumer, I really loved the trial some time ago and I wanted to buy the software (even I asked via facebook if there was a sale coming).

When I tried Action!, it hasn't that feature, and that was fine. I get your point of the powerpoint presentation, because variable framerate on videos looks really bad, but locking that at, for example, 50fps, it's like locking the framerate of the game itself at 50. It will not look "better", just the stutter won't be as annoying because it's constant, but let me give you an example of something that I wanted to record today, and probably happens with other games too.

I was recording Virtua Tennis 4. It hasn't any slowdown on my R9 280X, even downsampling from 7680x4320 (8K) @60, so the performance was not a problem.

The problem starts when the game itself locks the cinematics after the points at 30, and that's a "feature" of the game, but what action! does? Locks the video framerate at 50, causing judder and stutter on a game which if not runs at 60 looks like a powerpoint presentation. Same with fightning games like Mortal Kombat.

And that can occur with any game that locks of take down the framerate on some points, like Battlefield 4 videos in singleplayer mode, and for what we have been seeing, Mortal Kombat X will "feature" X-Ray moves and Fatalities at 30fps.

As suggestion, at least it should be an option, not a restriction.

Durandal799
PC Specification: Intel i5 CPU, 8 GB RAM, 64-bit sys, Win7

Fri May 08, 2015 6:17 am

I am having the same issue. I was using Adobe Premier Elements and had the issue where when I started editing the video, the audio was not synced, so I upgraded to Adobe Premiere Pro hoping it would solve the issue. It did not.

I have my settings at 60 fps and Action is recording them at ~50 fps. Where do I turn off the variable frame rate, or do I merely turn down my settings to 50 or even 30 fps? Do I need a better video card? I'm running an Nvidia 640 FX.. a medium grade video card to be sure..

I have been using Frapps to record my videos and it works just fine. I just wanted to upgrade to take advantage of the timer feature, and because all my friends rave about Action. I haven't been able to use it for this reason.

Please help.

Durandal799
PC Specification: Intel i5 CPU, 8 GB RAM, 64-bit sys, Win7

Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:13 am

Has this out-of-sync issue been fixed yet? I need to use Action! more than ever now that I have a webcam. Frapps doesn't support simultaneous recording of game and webcam. Sheesh.

If I can't get this to work, I've just wasted my money on this program. I don't understand; lots of people rave about this program and some of my YouTube friends are actually using it with no problems. :(

Who's butt do I gotta kiss around here to get the answer to my question.. What setting do you set Action! on to remove the audio/video sync issue?

MrTra1tor

Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:25 pm

Durandal799 wrote:Has this out-of-sync issue been fixed yet? I need to use Action! more than ever now that I have a webcam. Frapps doesn't support simultaneous recording of game and webcam. Sheesh.

If I can't get this to work, I've just wasted my money on this program. I don't understand; lots of people rave about this program and some of my YouTube friends are actually using it with no problems. :(

Who's butt do I gotta kiss around here to get the answer to my question.. What setting do you set Action! on to remove the audio/video sync issue?
A month later, yes it has!

I'm enjoying it at 60 FPS now, and I will try 120 FPS tomorrow!

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”