rugalck
PC Specification: Windows 7, AMD FX-8350, Nvidia GTX690

-NEW FEATURE: Adaptive/Variable framerate video recording

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:54 am

That will totally screw your videos when importing the files on a video editor software.

A few updates ago Action! was giving me CBR (Constant Bitrate) output files which were absolutely great, but on recent updates I've been getting these files where the video output doesn't match the audio output.

Now I need to take the output file from Action and convert it through another software to make it CBR (using Handbrake), and only then I can edit my video files (Premiere Pro CS6).

Can you guys just leave it at Constant Bitrate or give us the option instead of this "new feature"?
This is literally making me spend twice the time I should be using on encoding.

ToniRG
PC Specification: I7-3820, GTX 970, Windows 8.1 64 bit

Re: -NEW FEATURE: Adaptive/Variable framerate video recordin

Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:37 am

This new option not understand, recorded four videos in MP4 NVENC and two of them have a constant frames and the other two variables. I do not understand how this option works. Depends on the content is put variable or constant?

It does not bother me, but I wonder if it is normal that some videos are on CFR and other VFR.

rugalck
PC Specification: Windows 7, AMD FX-8350, Nvidia GTX690

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:03 am

ToniRG wrote:This new option not understand, recorded four videos in MP4 NVENC and two of them have a constant frames and the other two variables. I do not understand how this option works. Depends on the content is put variable or constant?

It does not bother me, but I wonder if it is normal that some videos are on CFR and other VFR.
I don't really care what this does. It's an "added" feature that screws up the footage recorded by a product I paid for.
They need to make it CBR and CFR.

Claunator
PC Specification: Win 10 64-bit, i7-6700K, GTX 970

Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:19 am

From what i got out of it, this feature tries to maintain the synchronization in recordings. And by that i mean if something causes de-syncing (random slow-motion style effects in my case), it "re-syncs" the audio by adapting/varying to the bit rates, hence the name i guess. I read about the difference between the two here. So far this is a welcome feature on my side, although i have yet to try editing it.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”