CamJGaming
PC Specification: i7 4770k, GTX 770, Win 7 64-bit

FICV very slow with Premiere Pro

Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:33 am

I can barely edit with this codec in Premiere Pro. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Buffometer
PC Specification: Core i7 3930k,2xGTX680 4Gb SLI,48Gb Ram

Re: FICV very slow with Premiere Pro

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:52 pm

If premiere slow with .ficv, re-encode to another ultra-fast codecs, such as MagicYUV http://magicyuv.com or Ut Video Codec Suite http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Ut-Video-Codec-Suite ...
MagicYUV allows editing(in mostly NLE editors) almost in real time 4k videos, but files take up more space than in the action .ficv, because it has less compression ratio.

Cauptain
PC Specification: Core I5@4Ghz, 16GB, ATI R290, WIN7X64

Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:01 pm

No need reencode, just use MAKE AVIS.

Its mount a fake AVI full compatible with any video editor like VEGAS, PREMIERE or POWER DIRECTOR.

Claudio

Buffometer

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:00 pm

Editing in MagicYUV or Ut Video codec - better than editing through MakeAVIS (avisynth or ffdshow), these codecs ultra much faster, they are specifically designed for non linear editing software.

Cauptain

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:25 pm

Buffometer wrote:Editing in MagicYUV or Ut Video codec - better than editing through MakeAVIS (avisynth or ffdshow), these codecs ultra much faster, they are specifically designed for non linear editing software.
Lol... :lol:

Buffon method: Record, reencode, edit, encode.

Right method: Record, edit, encode. Easy.

30Gb FICV AVI after reencode using MagicYUV is 800GB size. No way. :roll:

Same 30Gb FICV AVI using MAKE AVIS trick is 100Mb. :D

Claudio

Buffometer

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:54 pm

It decodes to RGB to most NLE and programs, this codec is mathematically lossless, .ficv with higher compression ration - no, MagicYUV and UT Video for high perfomance temporary lossless non linear editing.
For example, If you record a video of the game through magicyuv, the quality will be better (gradients will be much smoother) than in .ficv, but bigger filesize.
Users involved in video editing (with temp results), in most cases using these codecs - because they are ultra high perfomance.
30Gb FICV AVI after reencode using MagicYUV is 800GB size. No way
I have 9tb for this, and so my videos like "Cinematic Fights", visually the best quality on YouTube. This is for example, for what purpose these codecs.
.ficv even visually not lossless, it slightly softens the details and in some places merge colors to reduce the video file size, it almost lossless and quite fast compared to analogs - fraps and e.t.c, but quality very very good.
.ficv better for a one-time recording(small size) with further coding(with editing without temporary results) in the final result, but if you plan to temporary results, then it requires these codecs, .ficv not suitable for this, if you want to keep that quality which was originally recorded in the game (with .ficv).

Cauptain

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:35 pm

Buffometer wrote:It decodes to RGB to most NLE and programs, this codec is mathematically lossless, .ficv with higher compression ration - no, MagicYUV and UT Video for high perfomance temporary lossless non linear editing.
For example, If you record a video of the game through magicyuv, the quality will be better (gradients will be much smoother) than in .ficv, but bigger filesize.
Users involved in video editing (with temp results), in most cases using these codecs - because they are ultra high perfomance.
30Gb FICV AVI after reencode using MagicYUV is 800GB size. No way
I have 9tb for this, and so my videos like "Cinematic Fights", visually the best quality on YouTube. This is for example, for what purpose these codecs.
.ficv even visually not lossless, it slightly softens the details and in some places merge colors to reduce the video file size, it almost lossless and quite fast compared to analogs - fraps and e.t.c, but quality very very good.
.ficv better for a one-time recording(small size) with further coding(with editing without temporary results) in the final result, but if you plan to temporary results, then it requires these codecs, .ficv not suitable for this, if you want to keep that quality which was originally recorded in the game (with .ficv).

Buffometer, you talk about the quality of lossless. UT VIDEO => FICV? Yes, its a fact.

This applies if you record using a capture card, for example.

I am talking about the process of reencoding, all just why does not open in a program? No, thanks.

I use a lot UT VIDEO on my AVER CAPTURE CARD C027. For years.

What the OP asked, I answered. Use MAKE AVIS that works.

No need reencode for youtube, its will reencode one more time. 3 reencodes??

Claudio

Buffometer

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:53 pm

CamJGaming has slowdowns with .ficv in Adobe Premiere Pro, i gave him the option with maximum performance, use appropriate codecs are specially made for the NLE, it will be much faster than make avis(i used it for a long time with NLE, but switched to the codecs MagicYV and Ut Video), because make avis uses an intermediary soft (avisynth) and slower than native decoding with Ut Video and MagicYV.
With MagicYV and Ut Video, it will be native and fast as possible, but with bigger filesize.
No need reencode for youtube, its will reencode one more time. 3 reencodes??
For YouTube, i did a lot of reencoding and do not complain, because it was necessary for my projects, and because it is non-linear video editing.

CamJGaming
PC Specification: i7 4770k, GTX 770, Win 7 64-bit

Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:29 am

Buffometer wrote: With MagicYV and Ut Video, it will be native and fast as possible, but with bigger filesize.
I have been looking into Motion-JPEG and would like to know if you had any opinions on the best codec maker for that. I tried picvideo but it crashes Premiere randomly.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”