hej
PC Specification: 7970, 8350, Win10 x64

Watch this before you buy Mirillis Action!

Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:58 am

https://youtu.be/tF9Y37gjH1Q
I did not want to make this video, I was making a real review for Mirillis Action! However, I could not finish it and mention all of these problems.

Action! is not usable for 6+ months, videos are often buggy and desynced or not recorded at set settings or the program just crashes.

Mirillis support says that this is my computer's fault, but I have no problem making the same sorts of recordings with Bandicam, even double FPS, and 4x Bitrate, no problem!

In 2014 we had 60fps recording with Action!, but audio was out of sync or videos were sped up and unusable. In 2015 they "fixed" that by limiting FPS to less than 60. That works, right?

Anyway, I do not recommend this program until these bugs are fixed. When that happens I'll remove this video and put out a proper review: this is potentially a great program, but the fact it doesn't work makes it an absolute garbage.

Cauptain
PC Specification: Core I5@4Ghz, 16GB, ATI R290, WIN7X64

Re: Watch this before you buy Mirillis Action!

Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:02 pm

No problem using FICV AVI mode. 120fps is flawless.

I never used the MP4 mode for already lose quality.

If the program writes 120fps using FICV AVI, I dont see reason for your complaint.

Record using MP4 is a bonus only, not the standard format.

Claudio

hej

Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:43 pm

Cauptain wrote:If the program writes 120fps using FICV AVI, I dont see reason for your complaint.
When program crash is no complaint?

When video/audio tracks not load into Vegas is no complaint? (it used to load with old version)

When I record 60fps and it become 45fps is no complaint?

When other recorder works just fine is no complaint?

Sorry for complaint...

Cauptain

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:15 pm

When program crash is no complaint?

When video/audio tracks not load into Vegas is no complaint? (it used to load with old version)

When I record 60fps and it become 45fps is no complaint?

When other recorder works just fine is no complaint?

Sorry for complaint...
On your PC, right?

MA not crash on my PC.

My MA files load in Vegas (11, 12 or 13 pro versions). Its a common with many Ds (direcshow) files, no MA exclusive.

If record 60fps using FICV AVI its will 60fps. Using a third plugin like AMD APP is other problem.

Any recorder works fine on my PC including Mirillis Action. Where's problem?

I know you're upset.

However just report the problem and the development team will seek to correct. This happens with almost any software.

Bandicam worked perfectly for everyone. One day I posted something about it using fps 30,001 and this was reported as "no problem".

Sometime later, they released a version correcting this horrible error (really, its make the file unusable for most editors). Work that way.

Claudio

hej

Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:30 am

Cauptain wrote:On your PC, right?

MA not crash on my PC.
What is purpose of telling me it does not crash on your PC? Are you implying there is no problem with Mirillis Action! because it does not crash on your PC?
Cauptain wrote: Any recorder works fine on my PC including Mirillis Action. Where's problem?
Any recorder works fine on my PC except Mirillis Action. Where do you think is problem? Problem clearly not with your PC so why you bring it up?

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:31 am

hej wrote:
Cauptain wrote:On your PC, right?

MA not crash on my PC.
What is purpose of telling me it does not crash on your PC? Are you implying there is no problem with Mirillis Action! because it does not crash on your PC?
This is the same purpose as your argument that it does not work on your computer.

Action! is working on thousands users computers without any issues. By my experience (and I have been here for more than 3 years) most of Action! issues are related to wrong software settings configuration or user system environment.

Adaptive/variable frame rate was added because the synchronization issues were occurring due to encoder failure because user system resources were overloaded and there was no free resources to encode the media streams. It simply happens when user sets his settings to high and hopes that his computer will handle it. It simply does not and that's why we have added the adaptive/variable frame rate. We could go with similar solution like Bandicam and others and simply make your video looks like powerpoint presentation because it would freeze and stop during recording because it cannot encode the video with selected settings.

We decided to automatically lower the frame rate to match the performance so the video looks uninterrupted. With lower frame but uninterrupted.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

hej

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:26 pm

radi wrote: Action! is working on thousands users computers without any issues.
There's a sticky post at the top of the page that reads "Action! synchro issues - report here".

Here's another user who is leaving action:

Here is another user with issues:

One more user with issues:

Don't let me stop there, here is another user experiencing the same problem with variable framerate under AMD but not under Nvidia.

IT keeps going:

Sped up video and voice

Here are three users with same exact issue on single thread:

Another issue:

I can keep going, but I think I've made my point that I am not the only computer with these problems.

Cauptain

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:37 pm

hej wrote:MP4 record mode is my unny problem but I dont record using standard "Perfect" AVI mode :evil:

5 < 50 or 500 or 5000 or 50000? Yes. All software have bugs.

All post above probably using MP4 option. Try AVI container: No out of sync, no corrupted file, no fps problem, nothing. Too easy.

Once again, record MP4 is a bonus only. 8-)

Claudio

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:53 am

hej wrote:
radi wrote: Action! is working on thousands users computers without any issues.
There's a sticky post at the top of the page that reads "Action! synchro issues - report here".

Here's another user who is leaving action:

Here is another user with issues:

One more user with issues:

Don't let me stop there, here is another user experiencing the same problem with variable framerate under AMD but not under Nvidia.

IT keeps going:

Sped up video and voice

Here are three users with same exact issue on single thread:

Another issue:

I can keep going, but I think I've made my point that I am not the only computer with these problems.

Synchronization topic was created for all problems related to video speeding up due to performance issues. These were fixed and confirmed by users who experienced such issues. Next posts mostly are related to one particular game or case. Most of these users did not report their problems directly to our Technical Support. That's makes these issues hard to recreate without any valuable data.

Like it was mentioned above all software have issues. We are fixing all of ours if they can be reproduced by our developers.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

hej

Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:40 am

radi wrote:Adaptive/variable frame rate was added because the synchronization issues were occurring due to encoder failure because user system resources were overloaded and there was no free resources to encode the media streams. It simply happens when user sets his settings to high and hopes that his computer will handle it. It simply does not and that's why we have added the adaptive/variable frame rate.
I would just like to point out that Radi was saying that the framerate reported is not an issue, that this is by design, however some months later an Action! update came out and all videos recorded on the same machine/OS now get the proper full framerate.

I would also like to point to this:
radi wrote:We could go with similar solution like Bandicam and others and simply make your video looks like powerpoint presentation because it would freeze and stop during recording because it cannot encode the video with selected settings.
This is absolutely false. Bandicam does not produce slide-show videos, it produces videos at the framerate that is set. Just like Action! produces videos at the framerate that is set with versions released after this post.

Conclusion?

Mirillis support says this is not a problem, says it is not their fault, talks down about their competition saying that they have an inferior method, then releases an update that fixes the problem that's not a problem.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”