Krelian
PC Specification: Windows 8.1

Do you have plans to fix quick sync?

Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:43 pm

It's been more than a year since quick sync isn't working with action, you have to use drivers more than a year old to be compatible with action, which means you haven't even checked your quick sync for over a year, do you have any plans to fix it with newer drivers? quick sync supposedly got a revision with the newer drivers that improve quality.

GamerGuy
PC Specification: Intel 3610, AMD 7970M, Win 8.1

Re: Do you have plans to fix quick sync?

Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:59 pm

+1 please fix

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:39 pm

I'm using IQS every day and does not experience any issues with it. What issues do you experience?
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

GamerGuy
PC Specification: Intel 3610, AMD 7970M, Win 8.1

Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:06 pm

Already posted a thread on this several months ago and reported it to support email as you suggested. Nothing ever happened, despite other people posting similar threads since then.

The symptom is that with any of the more recent Intel graphics drivers (going back several months/several releases), when you try to stop an Action recording and finalize it to disk, Action hangs and the video is corrupted. With me this tends to happen more on longer (multi-hour) desktop recordings, but I've seen it happen on ones of just a few minutes long.

Krelian

Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:24 pm

radi wrote:I'm using IQS every day and does not experience any issues with it. What issues do you experience?
are you using it with recent drivers? because i can only use it with very specific drivers from a year and a half ago, if i use anything newer it stops working, same symptoms as the user above me, plus quick sync got a significant improvement, specially in quality in recent drivers so it would be good for the mirillis team to update action to work with newer drivers, year and a half is quite outdated, remember that not many people will have the patience to search every single post about action and quick sync, i was about to give up on using action after trying several drivers, until i saw a post from a user that pointed me which drivers was the one working.

The Renegadist
PC Specification: Intel Core I7, Nvidia Geforce 755m, win7

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:20 am

Krelian wrote:
radi wrote:I'm using IQS every day and does not experience any issues with it. What issues do you experience?
are you using it with recent drivers? because i can only use it with very specific drivers from a year and a half ago, if i use anything newer it stops working, same symptoms as the user above me, plus quick sync got a significant improvement, specially in quality in recent drivers so it would be good for the mirillis team to update action to work with newer drivers, year and a half is quite outdated, remember that not many people will have the patience to search every single post about action and quick sync, i was about to give up on using action after trying several drivers, until i saw a post from a user that pointed me which drivers was the one working.
Which post is that because I'm having issues aswell.

Krelian

Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:42 pm

The Renegadist wrote:
Krelian wrote:
Which post is that because I'm having issues aswell.
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/int ... nload.html

These are the only ones that worked for me.

The Renegadist
PC Specification: Intel Core I7, Nvidia Geforce 755m, win7

Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:52 pm

So how does this affect Action's stability, I'm having problems with the video cutting footage and slow downs. If I install this will it fix my problems? Will this also stop corruptions with the newest version of Action 1.25.3?

Never mind I just went through an hour of hassle because that newer driver you linked totally messed up my PC with black screens and system restores and all kinds of garbage. I really hope AVI will be perfected for all versions of intel because I can't update.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”