Tonycubed2
PC Specification: 1080ti video, 7880 cpu, win 10 pro

Re: Action! crash upon ending the recording process

Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:46 am

I have 3,40 , Action! crashes after recording is stopped. Every time. then it will try to start and keep crashing then try to start over and over until I delete or move the video it makes.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:23 am

Tonycubed2 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:46 am
I have 3,40 , Action! crashes after recording is stopped. Every time. then it will try to start and keep crashing then try to start over and over until I delete or move the video it makes.
Does the issue occur both for AVI and MP4 recordings? Please provide us screenshots from following tabs: Video Recording, Video Settings, Audio Settings.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

weilar
PC Specification: I5 - 3.2 / 32 Gb / GTX 1050 TI / 2 TB HD

Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:04 pm

Hi all, I've got same problem that many of you, with V3.4, I made some tests, with Action, and see that the problem comes when i try to record videos with more than 30 min, 5 - 10 - 20 record ok (it took a long time), with all sounds active. The problem as i see was in this long videos, so i test different things, and It seems the problem comes from "Export" option, if i try to change the directory to export, the Action program crash, so I remove all options in export and the "Hardware acceleration" option in every slide. And works fine for me.

I think that problem comes, because action is not compatible with the hardware acceleration option of the GTX Graphics Cards, as my problem comes when i put a GTX 1050 TI in my computer, with the GT 730 i record videos with 3.4 without any problem.

Hope this will help. :mrgreen:

Cheers.

-MD-
PC Specification: Windows 8.1

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:47 pm

I've had this same exact issue for well over a year and half.

Doesn't matter what version of Action I use. The only fix for me was going back to a Nvidia graphics card from December of 2016. Once in a while I will accept a Nvidia graphics card update to see if it will work, and nope, crashes when stopping the recording.

When this issue started for me way back. I sent multiple emails to support and they seemed to have given up and had no answers then.

Can someone from support please answer why this might be, and a possible fix?

Piotr

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:06 am

weilar wrote:
Hi all, I've got same problem that many of you, with V3.4, I made some tests, with Action, and see that the problem comes when i try to record videos with more than 30 min, 5 - 10 - 20 record ok (it took a long time), with all sounds active. The problem as i see was in this long videos, so i test different things, and It seems the problem comes from "Export" option, if i try to change the directory to export, the Action program crash, so I remove all options in export and the "Hardware acceleration" option in every slide. And works fine for me.

I think that problem comes, because action is not compatible with the hardware acceleration option of the GTX Graphics Cards, as my problem comes when i put a GTX 1050 TI in my computer, with the GT 730 i record videos with 3.4 without any problem.

Cheers.
Try adding video output folder to exclusions in your antivirus software.
Follow us on Twitter:
Find us on Facebook:

drtechnoid
PC Specification: 390x

Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:15 pm

Hello

I wanna use the app for record ww2 cod gameplays. when I start the app , cod will crash. Every time I do this , no exception.
So what is wrong with this whole thing ? I was using this to record gameplays in the past years , and it is not working in 2018 anymore. This is not the reason I bought your product.

rexzone
PC Specification: fx8320,r930x,win7

Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:53 pm

I also have the same error, and made an exception run in the antivirus, updated to the latest drivers and nothing.
it's annoying that a video that would have taken me 15 minutes took me almost an hour to fix something, pay for this product and request some solution

Piotr

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:40 am

rexzone wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:53 pm
I also have the same error, and made an exception run in the antivirus, updated to the latest drivers and nothing.
it's annoying that a video that would have taken me 15 minutes took me almost an hour to fix something, pay for this product and request some solution
Do you record in external or internal drive? What antivirus do you use?
Follow us on Twitter:
Find us on Facebook:

Wiesobinichda
PC Specification: Amd Radeon Graphics, Windows 10, I7

Recording crashes after stop

Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:31 pm

Hello my action latest version always crashes when I make a recording and then stop when I restart action is the recording as "file can not be opened" Thank you LG Wiesobinichda Ps: My bad English is because I am from Germany

weilar
PC Specification: I5 - 3.2 / 32 Gb / GTX 1050 TI / 2 TB HD

Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Piotr wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:06 am
weilar wrote:

Cheers.
Try adding video output folder to exclusions in your antivirus software.
I tryed to set exception in my Antivirus, as Action is again crashing, and no way. I'm using an external HDD and AVG antivirus.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”