Mr.Pix
PC Specification: Windows 7 ; All AMD

Re: Action! crash upon ending the recording process

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Hallo,
die Funktion LIVESTREAM buggt richtig rum. Manchmal hört es einfach auf zu Streamen und das Programm stürtzt ab... HELP! :oops: :cry: PS: Ich habe das neuste Update 1.27.0.0

Mr.Pix
PC Specification: Windows 7 ; All AMD

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:18 pm

Hallo, ich habe ein starkes Problemm beim Livestreaming! Der Stream stürtzt manchmal einfach ab oder das Programm hängt sich auf und ich muss es neustarten...

Infos/Settings:

Live 1: http://prnt.sc/8ltwe7
Live 2: http://prnt.sc/8ltwjo
Video : http://prnt.sc/8ltwr9

zczachor
PC Specification: 2xTitan X, i7 5930K, Windows 10 x64

Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:03 am

radi wrote:Please update your Action to 1.27.0 and see if the same issue occurs:
https://mirillis.com/en/downloads/downloads_action.html
It doesn't help. I have the same problem. It exist with SLI configuration. When I set in nVidia Control Panel to turn on SLI configuration then the recording crash at the end. When the SLI configuration is off then is no problem. But the point of having two or more GPU is that you are using them in SLI. I also have the newest version and the problem persist.
Please fix that problem. I hope that I can use the program I paid for.
Regards.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:14 pm

zczachor wrote:
radi wrote:Please update your Action to 1.27.0 and see if the same issue occurs:
https://mirillis.com/en/downloads/downloads_action.html
It doesn't help. I have the same problem. It exist with SLI configuration. When I set in nVidia Control Panel to turn on SLI configuration then the recording crash at the end. When the SLI configuration is off then is no problem. But the point of having two or more GPU is that you are using them in SLI. I also have the newest version and the problem persist.
Please fix that problem. I hope that I can use the program I paid for.
Regards.
As far as I know SLI configurations are not supported, but I will have to verify this.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

zczachor
PC Specification: 2xTitan X, i7 5930K, Windows 10 x64

Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:49 am

radi wrote:As far as I know SLI configurations are not supported, but I will have to verify this.
That's not the point. It's not important if Action supports SLI or not (would be nice if it would). The point is that software shouldn't crash at the end of recording regardless if someone use SLI or not.

MiRai
PC Specification: W10 x64

Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:22 am

radi wrote:As far as I know SLI configurations are not supported, but I will have to verify this.
I've been using Action in Windows 7 for well over a year in an SLI configuration (both 2-way and 3-way) without any issues. If Action didn't support SLI then this should be stated somewhere as people who have high-end computers want to be able to stream and record video, and not have to be gimped to a single GPU—Especially since UHD 4K is becoming more widely adopted, and isn't all that easy to drive on a single GPU.

I purchased Action back in early 2014, and have never encountered an issue with SLI, but now that I'm about to upgrade to Windows 10 in the next few days, I'm going to have to find another desktop capture software unless this is fixed in the very near future.

What bothers me most is that I just referred someone to this software earlier today, and they purchased it. Unfortunately, since I had no idea about SLI configurations not being "supported," they're now stuck using a single GPU on Windows 10.

Crum1515
PC Specification: Windows 10, i5 6600k, gtx980ti(2) SLI

Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:26 am

So I am running windows 10. I have 2 gtx980ti in SLI. When I have SLI disabled, everything works like a dream. When I have SLI enanbled I have many problems, with both capture and streaming, I think they are related but I will lay out my test cases for both, just for funsies.

Desktop/Active Screen/Area recording:

With SLI enabled and no modifications to the the executable or short cut, the program loads fine. I set the settings and press F9/Record button and I see the file generated in the list. The overlay in the corner shows the FPS counter. When I press the F9/Record button to stop the recording, the entire program freezes and stops responding, the process in task manager is labeled non responsive. The program gives a pop up window asking if I want to close the program. After the program crashes it leaves an errant process of action_svc.exe running that i have to manually stop before I can get the program to relaunch. The video file it creates is corrupted and will not play.

With SLI enabled and windows 7 compatibility enabled, the program loads fine, the overlay in the corner of the screen does not load, and F9/Record button is non-responsive and does not start recording.

With SLI enabled and windows 8 compatibility enabled, the program loads fine, the overlay in the corner of the screen loads up, but the fps counter stays blank, I set the settings and press F9/Record button and I see the file generated in the list. Overlay FPS counter remains blank. When I press the F9/Record button to stop the recording, the entire program freezes and stops responding, the process in task manager is labeled non responsive. The program window remains unresponsive and does not ask me if I want to terminate. I have to manually kill the process in task manager. action_svc remains and I must close that process as well.

If I do any of the above with the exe/shortcut set to run in administrator mode, it tells me to install the program in the program files directory.

I uninstalled and cleared the registry and reinstalled, changed the directory to not have the "!" in the file path, and changed the installation registry key to not have the "!" in the file path, and changed the shortcut to match the working and target directory.

With the "!" removed from the above places (registry, file path, shortcut) and in SLI I AM able to record gameplay, and the active desktop, and the area box while using AVI and MP4.

With the "!" removed from the above places (registry, file path, shortcut) and in SLI I AM NOT able to record using MP4 with the NVIDIA hardware encoding (NVIDIA NVENC).

While SLI is enabled, I cannot stream to any streaming service (tried ustream, twitch, youtube), using any of the above troubleshooting steps/settings/anything.

TL:DR -

With SLI enabled I am able to record footage locally only when the directory is changed not to have "!", and only using MP4 and AVI settings.

With SLI enabled I am unable to record footage locally when the directory is default with the "!".

With SLI enabled I am unable to record footage locally when the file format is MP4(NVIDIA NVENC).

With SLI enabled I am unable to stream, no matter the setup or directory path/encoding.

With SLI disabled, everything works as intended, I am able to stream and record.

I understand from reading that SLI is not supported but as stated above it is becoming more and more standard, and no where anywhere does it state that SLI is not supported, and Windows10 has been out for a couple months now, is there any plan to bring the programs support up to current generation technology?

mirkoj
PC Specification: 5960x, 64GB RAM, 4xTitanX, win10x64

Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:50 pm

I was just looking to post same issue and found out about this post.
Honestly not having SLI support in game recording software and not mentioned that in front page is really not good.
If I knew that was the case I wouldn't purchase at the first place.
I wanna do my gaming in 4k surround and ofc I wanna use all my cards and SLI enabled.
This right now makes software completely unusable for me.
Are there any plans to actually support SLI?

Everything else is really great, nice UI, all the options.. everything is good but not supporting SLI is huge minus in my case and game stopper as well.

bloodcage
PC Specification: Nvidia Sli 770, windows 10, Intel I4790

Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:37 pm

mirkoj
PC Specification: 5960x, 64GB RAM, 4xTitanX, win10x64

Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:42 am

will test soon. made a file now just toget some time to test.
question is could this fix affect SLI problem as well as most of the crash was happening when SLI is on?

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”