radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Windows 10 known issues and solutions.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:57 am

Guys, I've decided to made an individual thread about Windows 10 since there is a group of users that experience different issues with new Windows system. Most of the issues are related to Windows upgrade from lower version to 10. We suspect that during the upgrade each user system environment is acting differently leaving some of the files, registry entries etc. This thread will be constantly updated as the new solutions comes up.

Update to 1.26.0 first
We have made some fixes for Windows 10 - please update your Action here: https://mirillis.com/en/downloads/downloads_action.html

I can't run Action. What should I do?

At first please make sure that your Windows 10 has been correctly installed. Try running your Windows in Safe Mode and see if you can run Action.

I can start Action in Safe mode but not in Regular mode

That's a tough one because it seems that there is a third party process or application that is blocking Action to load all its files. It's usually the anti-virus software or application that works similar to Action. The easiest way to find out which process is the cause is to compare process list from Safe mode and Regular mode.

How about re-installation?

This may also be helpful for users who experience issues after upgrading their Windows to Windows 10. Follow steps below to completely re-install Action. You will need your serial number to activate your product again.
1. Uninstall Action!
2. Press Start and then type "Regedit" in search and press Enter.
2. Go to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Mirillis/
3. Remove Action! catalog.
4. Reboot your PC.
5. Install Action! again. Make sure that your installer file comes from official website - http://www.mirillis.com (if you have not purchased Action! through Steam).
You can activate Action! with the same serial number as before. These steps should restore your Action! settings to default.

How to report an issue if these tips above where not helpful?
At first make sure to provide all necessary information about your case. It's good to post your diagnostic report as well. If you want to make your case solved put some effort to explain what's happening on your side.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

lunalou
PC Specification: ASUS G750JM

Re: Windows 10 known issues and solutions.

Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:49 pm

action works fine BUT when i start recording it took 13seconds to show up that the app is starting to record :(

Daffyzilla
PC Specification: i7-4710MQ 2.5GHz, R9 295X 4GB, Win10 Pro

Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:18 pm

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. Action! worked fine initially, until I rebooted (after an update + removing old installation files). Now I'm getting a notice stating "This app can't run on this PC. Action! doesn't work on this version of Windows. Learn more." (which redirects to a page in Edge that returns a 404.

Redirect URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616469
Destination URL: https://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html (returns a 403, changing to HTTP works fine)

Both URLs work fine in Chromodo and Chrome.

I've tried Compatibility Mode (both Windows 8 and Windows 7) to no effect. I've also tried uninstalling, removing registry keys and reinstalling - also to no effect.

My system specs:

Alienware 15 (2015)
  • Intel Core i7-4710MQ 2.50GHz
  • 16GB HyperX IMPACT DDR3 RAM
  • 2x Transcend 2280 M.2 SSDs
  • 1x Samsung M9T 2TB HDD
  • Intel HD 4600 + AMD R9 M295X/M390X 4GB GDDR5
  • BIOS: A05
My DxDiag:

http://pastebin.com/50ditEAu

Edit: I noticed the version I was downloading was 1.14.1, when others have reported having version 1.25.6. Your non-SSL website is out of date here then. I downloaded the 1.25.6 install file. Now I'm getting this error: "Failed to initialize product. Please install Action! in Program Files directory."

This is exactly where it's installed - specifically C:\Program Files (x86)\Mirillis\Action!

DaddyOG1
PC Specification: windows 10

Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:50 pm

I have a clean install and activated Windows 10. so there are no other files from my old windows 8.1. All partitions have been reformatted and some where deleted. My problem is this.

Everything works fine. Capturing and all that. but when i go to Preview my Video it actually Stops working in like 30 seconds.
anyway to fix this?

And Also is there a way to fix the mic recording. When i record a gameplay and press on my mic record it makes my Gameplay sound really low and it only focuses on my mic. is there a way to make it so it doesn't do that? thx

Rootin
PC Specification: 4690k, Strix 970, 16GB, Windows 10

Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:03 am

I'm stuck at 720p, 30fps. my settings show 1080p, 60fps, but the video output is not. this has only happened since i bought the official version and got windows 10. I've tried re-installing action, playing around with the settings, different games and the desktop, nothing is working.

LaughingLinus
PC Specification: Win 10 Pro, Intel i5-3330, AMD Radeon R7

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:09 am

Hey,

today I bought Action! :) But if I start Action, it closes itself. :cry: I tried to re-install, but it does not help. :? I run Windows 10 Pro, AMD Radeon R7 200 Series, Intel Core i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00 GHz. I have no idea why Action is not working. :?: Have you an idea? :idea:

I would like to hear your answers!

Greetings from Germany :)

(Sorry if there are mistakes... English is foreign language for me)

prboi
PC Specification: GeForce GTX 860M, Windows 10 Home

Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:06 am

radi wrote:Guys, I've decided to made an individual thread about Windows 10 since there is a group of users that experience different issues with new Windows system. Most of the issues are related to Windows upgrade from lower version to 10. We suspect that during the upgrade each user system environment is acting differently leaving some of the files, registry entries etc. This thread will be constantly updated as the new solutions comes up.

I can't run Action. What should I do?

At first please make sure that your Windows 10 has been correctly installed. Try running your Windows in Safe Mode and see if you can run Action.

I can start Action in Safe mode but not in Regular mode

That's a tough one because it seems that there is a third party process or application that is blocking Action to load all its files. It's usually the anti-virus software or application that works similar to Action. The easiest way to find out which process is the cause is to compare process list from Safe mode and Regular mode.

How about re-installation?

This may also be helpful for users who experience issues after upgrading their Windows to Windows 10. Follow steps below to completely re-install Action. You will need your serial number to activate your product again.
1. Uninstall Action!
2. Press Start and then type "Regedit" in search and press Enter.
2. Go to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Mirillis/
3. Remove Action! catalog.
4. Reboot your PC.
5. Install Action! again. Make sure that your installer file comes from official website - http://www.mirillis.com (if you have not purchased Action! through Steam).
You can activate Action! with the same serial number as before. These steps should restore your Action! settings to default.

How to report an issue if these tips above where not helpful?
At first make sure to provide all necessary information about your case. It's good to post your diagnostic report as well. If you want to make your case solved put some effort to explain what's happening on your side.

Ok, I'm getting really frustrated because every time I've seen this topic, nobody ever has a solution because nobody ever responds. I've tried talking to support who take days to respond to a single email & it's just not cutting it. I've tried everything from reinstalling & deleted the reg files to downloading an older version of action. You say the problem can be related to processes preventing action from opening. Well what processes are they? I have about 120 processes running in regular mode & only about 30 in safe mode so it could be any of them that cause these issues. Attached is the list of processes in regular mode, a list of processes in safe mode, & my dxdiag.

I just want to be able to use the program I paid for.
Attachments
Specs & Processes.zip
(18.56 KiB) Downloaded 2399 times

l337hackzor
PC Specification: i9-9900k, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S, Win10pro

Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:02 am

Upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10. Since the upgrade videos recorded with action do not open properly in Sony Vegas. They have audio only, no video track.

Symptoms:

- Recordings made from Action! BEFORE the upgrade still do open and work normally in Vegas.
- Recordings playback perfectly in various media players.

Attempted Fixes:

- Updated Action to latest version.
- Tried all supported file formats (MP4 Nvidia, MP4, AVI)
- Turned off hardware acceleration (on export settings, probably not relevant).

Not 100% sure this is a Action or Windows 10 issue, but that's when it started happening. Maybe codec change or something?

FIXED: I followed the reinstall directions above (with deleting the registry keys) and it is now working properly, thanks.

marcosdipaolo
PC Specification: Win10, Quad 9550, 8 GB RAM, ATI 5570HD

Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:52 am

Just clean install (uninstall, delete Mirillis folder at Program files (x86) and also at HKEY CURRENT USER at the registry) and install again.
If you are or ever tried to execute it in compatibility mode erase that option, it makes it buggy and it doesn't record video.

prboi
PC Specification: GeForce GTX 860M, Windows 10 Home

Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:51 pm

marcosdipaolo wrote:Just clean install (uninstall, delete Mirillis folder at Program files (x86) and also at HKEY CURRENT USER at the registry) and install again.
If you are or ever tried to execute it in compatibility mode erase that option, it makes it buggy and it doesn't record video.
I've tried that. The only thing I get is the splash screen & then a sound notification that something didn't go right but nothing telling me what exactly is wrong.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”