WildSpartanz
PC Specification: Windows 8.1

Why can't we have a constant framerate option?

Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:42 am

So, why can't we have one? I have been told numerous times that we can't have one but why? Seriously, why can't we just have a little option like changing file format? Like MP4 to AVI. But Instead Constant to Variable? The reason I ask is because Action is the best recording I know. But I barely ever works in Premiere due to the fact that it has a variable framerate codec. If I get 59 FPS it gets slightly out of sync. So. Any thoughts from admins/devs and the general user? I would love to see this feature IF POSSIBLE. Thank you have a great morning/day/night.

Claunator
PC Specification: Win 10 64-bit, i7-6700K, GTX 970

Re: Why can't we have a constant framerate option?

Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:46 am

WildSpartanz wrote:So, why can't we have one? I have been told numerous times that we can't have one but why? Seriously, why can't we just have a little option like changing file format? Like MP4 to AVI. But Instead Constant to Variable? The reason I ask is because Action is the best recording I know. But I barely ever works in Premiere due to the fact that it has a variable framerate codec. If I get 59 FPS it gets slightly out of sync. So. Any thoughts from admins/devs and the general user? I would love to see this feature IF POSSIBLE. Thank you have a great morning/day/night.
It's been told numerous times but i'll just clear it out once more.

Action USED to have CFR on from 1.21.0 to older versions. It was changed to VFR bcs many users had recording sync issues with it, me included. VFR fixed the sync problem at least for me. And even though i STILL experience sync problems, VFR "re-syncs" my recordings, making my recordings very enjoyable.

That being said, some users have requested CFR to be returned to Action as an option with VFR. I wouldn't mind if Mirillis does add it back, as long as i can have VFR as an option.

darkphan
PC Specification: i7 5930k, nvidia gtx 980, windows 10

Re: Why can't we have a constant framerate option?

Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:00 pm

Claunator wrote:
WildSpartanz wrote:So, why can't we have one? I have been told numerous times that we can't have one but why? Seriously, why can't we just have a little option like changing file format? Like MP4 to AVI. But Instead Constant to Variable? The reason I ask is because Action is the best recording I know. But I barely ever works in Premiere due to the fact that it has a variable framerate codec. If I get 59 FPS it gets slightly out of sync. So. Any thoughts from admins/devs and the general user? I would love to see this feature IF POSSIBLE. Thank you have a great morning/day/night.
It's been told numerous times but i'll just clear it out once more.

Action USED to have CFR on from 1.21.0 to older versions. It was changed to VFR bcs many users had recording sync issues with it, me included. VFR fixed the sync problem at least for me. And even though i STILL experience sync problems, VFR "re-syncs" my recordings, making my recordings very enjoyable.

That being said, some users have requested CFR to be returned to Action as an option with VFR. I wouldn't mind if Mirillis does add it back, as long as i can have VFR as an option.
The problem for many of us is that video editing software, such as Adobe Premiere, simply does not support VFR, causing the audio to get out of sync, and not consistently out of sync so you have to do a TON of editing to try to resolve it, or, spend even more time to convert the raw video to CFR first, which can be a hassle.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”