GarekHD
PC Specification: Windows 10

I have a problem with the Action files (. avi)

Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Hello. For a long time now I have a program Action! on your computer. I've updated your Windows 7 to Windows 10. It turned out that I need to update your product to work on Windows 10. When I did a movie in . avi and I wanted to watch it in Windows Media Player, it flew for about a minute then jump box "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. This is the case with any more film recorded in action sets. The hotel was excellent the second film opens normally. With other movies . AVI is all right. The same is true when you try to render those movies in Camtasi Studio 8, also pops up some error. All drivers have been updated. I would like to underline that on Windows 7 everything worked. I was looking for already on this Forum topic Microsoft\/Windows but without success. I've heard that the files from the Action'a to any other extension or something like that. I do not know maybe something with codecs, I do not know at this completely. The player Action all the videos opens. Please help thank you in advance.

Yours Wojciech Szczogiel

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: I have a problem with the Action files (. avi)

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:11 pm

Could you upload a sample of your video? I will check if the same issue occurs on my W10 PC.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

will_s
PC Specification: Win10 Pro i7 4770K 8GB ram GeforceGTX980

Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:16 am

I have something similar with Power Director 13 and now 14. Its plays for a short period and stops......have tried lots of things and in the end am saving them as mp4's and that worked.....

Not sure if its an ACTION problem or a Cyberlink problem.......

sweduck75
PC Specification: i7-6700K, GTX980Ti, 16GB RAM, Win10

Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:44 pm

It's probably a Windows 10 problem. I've tried a couple of other programs to record my gaming and whenever I record to a .avi-file, there's an issue when trying to edit the video in programs such as PowerDirector and several others. So the issue might be that the recorded avi lacks some sort of compatibily with Windows 10.

There are many threads of people having problems with .avi-files on Windows 10 in general. Depending of what I'm doing, I use another program and record in .ts because that seems to work, supports high quality and dual audio. Maybe another option to record for Action would fix it?

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”