EDIT: "flawed" versions have been updated

Action Version: 1.27.0-2
Recording Resolution: Original
Recording Mode: Games/Applications

Windows and Hardware
Video Card: GTX 670M
Video Driver Version: 358.50
CPU brand and model: Intel Core i7 3610QM
Motherboard brand and model: Intel HM77(?)
Memory: 8 GB
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Problem Description
Game/App Problem: every game probably
Error Type: no visual
Video Editor: Vegas Pro 12
Description:

Every Timeshift recording i do with version 1.27.2 ends up in missing visual, which only leaves sounds and my mic for editing. It has happened with every game i've tried so far which include L4D2, Rocket League, TF2 and GTA San Andreas. Some of the clips can be watched in Action's built-in player except L4D2, which gets screwed up. All of the have them same problem when opening in Vegas though: No video, only sound. I have no idea what causes this. I will upload screenshots to make this clearer if needed.

It would seem like this happens with every version from 1.27.0 onwards. 1.26.1 doesn't have this issue.

UPDATE: Thx to the latest versions, the corruption has spread to version 1.26.1. I'm highly disappointed right now.

UPDATE 1.5: Timeshift is officially broken! I just tried it on version 1.26.0 after reverting so far from version by version from 1.27.2 and now EVERY Timeshift recording is corrupted regardless of what version i use! I'll try removing Action and deleting EVERYTHING even remotely related to it. I'll try again after that if it could help.

UPDATE (10/18/15): I don't know how but it started working again. I was messing around with my GTX version in the Device Manager and after an attempt to update it and instead my laptop accidentally removed it, resulting the GTX itself becoming absent. Luckily i got it back manually and managed to update it back via Geforce Experience. I reverted both Intel HD and GTX updated from Device Manager bcs it just looks for outdated versions for some reason. Despite my BIOS still probably being outdated now (which is also a long story), i tried Timeshift. To my surprise it actually saved some files properly.

EDIT TO LAST UPDATE: I spoke too soon. Timeshift saves files but still no video when imported to editor. I'll make a new sample video if necessary.
Last edited by Claunator on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: No visual in Timeshift recordings

Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:49 pm

Could you post a video sample? I will try to reproduce this issue on my end.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Claunator
PC Specification: Win 10 64-bit, i7-6700K, GTX 970

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:34 am

I managed to make this: https://youtu.be/LG4QHzRp-Kc

The problem has gotten worse though. Now every Timeshift recording is corrupted and i can't open any of them. This happens with EVERY 1.27.x version. Could this have something to do with the DX12 implementation?

Claunator
PC Specification: Win 10 64-bit, i7-6700K, GTX 970

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:10 pm

Sorry for double posting but the problem has gotten even worse now. Action CRASHES during gameplay at completely random times whenever Timeshift is turned on. When this happens, my game alt-tabs automatically just to show me a message that says "Action! has stopped working"... this is very annoying bcs i love capturing funny random moments and including some in my highlights videos. This happens in EVERY installation where Timeshift itself is corrupted which basically means it f*cks up every pre-recording. This is what i showed in the the video as well.

On my side, installing Action version 1.26.1 after ANY of the newer (1.27.0 onwards) versions with Timeshift working correctly is completely based on luck (meaning sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't). I don't know at all how i got it working at one point, but now it's faulty again. I don't know if anyone else is suffering from this problem but it is what's happening with mine and it's a pain in the back.

As a side note, i'd like to mention that in that video i linked above, the original problem wasn't like it. Before it, the pre-recordings were perfectly viewable inside Action itself, like a regular video. However, when i imported them into Vegas Pro, the thumbnail ONLY consisted of my default media player (VLC) and when i dragged them into the tracks, ONLY the sound clips were there. There were no video clips whatsoever.

I hope Mirillis can fix this.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”