MrTra1tor
PC Specification: i7-4790k, R9 Fury X, Win10 64bit

[SOLVED] Action! won't recognize AMD VSR?

Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:44 pm

Edit: I had to restart my PC, it's all good now! AMD APP only supports 1080p though.

A few months ago when I first got my R9 Fury X, I decided to try some of my games at 4K just to see how yawdroppingly awesome this card is (Spoiler: IT'S A BEAST!), and atleast with AVI, it would automatically record the videos at 4k once I started the game, and if I set my desktop res to 4k, I would be given the option in the launcher.

But now with 1.30, it won't detect any change at all, like it knows exactly what monitor I'm using (1080p).

I'm planning on getting either a 4k monitor (if enough games have great performance) or 1440p monitor, but benchmarking videos will be extremely hard now when it just won't detect the higher res.

Sure, I don't plan to always record at 4k, but it'd be nice to have. Especially since AMD APP doesn't support it (yet), I have to knows what kind of performance drops I'm gonna have to deal with.

I'm very much on the edge for a 4k monitor, and this is pretty much the final test. The games are running beautifully when I record in 1080p 60FPS (and yes, I do get 60 FPS in most games at 4k), but I'd very much like to know how they work when I record in actual 4k.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”