spirit
PC Specification: i5-2400, Radeon HD 6800, Win7 Pro 64

[Solved] Can record mic as audio track, but not with video

Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:11 am

EDIT: I solved it myself. I had to check 'Record system sounds' in the video recording settings.

Hello,

I can record my mic into an audio track using the Record Audio hotkey in Mirillis Action. But when I record a video using the Record Video button, it has no audio (even though the microphone is set to Always record in the video tab).

System info:
Action
Action Version: 1.30.3.0
Recording Resolution: 1080p (I also tried Original and 720p)
Recording Mode: Game

Windows and Hardware
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 6800
Video Driver Version: 15.200.1062.1003
CPU brand and model: Intel Core i5-2400
Motherboard brand and model: Asus (model unknown), with Realtek HD audio built-in audio card (I also have a SB Audigy PCI audio card, but I am currently not using it)
Memory: 16 GB
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Problem Description
Game/App Problem: Various, including Quake 3 Arena
Error Type: No audio in video recordings (absolute silence, not even static noises). But can record audio standalone.
Video Editor: does not apply (none). For videoplayback, I tried the built-in play in Action, but also checked in VLC
Description: My mic is setup correctly and I can use Teamspeak, Skype, and even the audio recording option in Mirillis Action. When I record a video, it has no audio though (nothing, not even very quite noise).

I tried both AVI and MP4 video. I also tried different screen resolutions. I also tried to activate the option to Record microphone into separate audio track. Nothing helped. Any suggestions what else could be wrong?

Here is a screenshot of my audio settings in Mirillis action:
The selected mic and output (Realtek) is the one I use, my headset is plugged into the onboard Realtek card.

Here is a screenshot of my video recording settings in Mirillis action:

EDIT: I solved it myself. I had to check 'Record system sounds' in the video recording settings.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”