Lenexitia
PC Specification: AMD FX8320 Unlocked, Asus R7 240, Win 10

Is Action Fighting With My PC, or Are 8Cores Not Enough?

Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:17 am

Is Action! Fighting with my PC? (or) Are the 8 cores @3.7ghz (3.8ghz w/ boost) not enough?

So obviously I was trying to be a little funny with the title, but anyway.. :lol:
~(READ THIS FIRST PLEASE!)~This is the ISSUE actually written out since I wasn't very clear and am now editing.. lol Basically the issue is: Whenever I open Action!, the program shows up in task manager, but no GUI or physically visible sign of it shows up other than the CONSTANT 99% to 100% CPU USAGE which just randomly started happening on the 3rd day of the trial.. & is fixed by neither simply re-installing, nor manually deleting the Mirillis folder altogether from the Programs & Files! The only system change I can actually think of is maybe installing Avast Antivirus..?
Pics of Task Manager:

(Info): While I couldn't recreate it (due to me wanting to run my processor @ 100% as little as possible), If I let Action!.exe try to do whatever the heck it actually IS doing-- long enough, Malware Bytes will show up towards the top of the CPU Usage List(ascending) but it only says about 24% with Action! being ≈28% to ≈14% (fluctuating). Even after round of common sense, I still can't figure out what could've caused this change. I mean, it wasn't like this before. The only system change I can remember is installing AVAST (antivirus) of all things. :|

`*`To conclude, this issue has ruined my trial of the program Action! by doing the following:
`*````` Out of the 6 Days I've had to experience Action!:
`*`````|-•[8]but since that includes the 2days I tried to open, & couldn't
`*`````|-•the 2 more days i've spent troubleshooting
`*`""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
`*`````2). (adding up to a total of:
`*`````|
`*`````|--○ 2.1). 2 ACTUAL days I had the chance to genuinely get a feel of the product (which were decent from what I remember) :D -Thumbs up here!
`*`````|
`*`````|--○ 2.2).
  • the 4-day "struggle period." :shock: :cry: -Unfortunately: Thumbs down here..
    `*`````|
    `*`````|-○ 2.3). +1 day to write this with as little bad attitude as possible, but I don't care about this day since I'm on the road for today & wouldn't have been able to use today efficiently without a saved copy of this site I made before leaving -pictures and extra details added now that I'm back- so if anything, it gave me something to do.. ;)
    `*`""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
    """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

``Thanks for taking your time to read this and helping!
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` Sincerely,
    ```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` Lenexitia!

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”