Dobs
PC Specification: I-7-3770@3.4ghz, SLI 660 GTX, 8GB DDR3

Error 106 on startup

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:50 pm

Action error 106. Product failed to initialize. Please install in your Program Files directory.

All great, fun, fine and dandy....but YOU don't give me an option to install it in my program files directory. YOU install it in my Program Files (x86) directory.

Only been 6-9 months with this issue.

No help forthcoming eh? How do I get my $$ back?

Dobs
PC Specification: I-7-3770@3.4ghz, SLI 660 GTX, 8GB DDR3

Re: Error 106 on startup

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:02 pm

https://youtu.be/85QZshfzwW4

Not recorded with Action!....because I can't.

Using Nvidia Shadowplay, but I'd like for my Action! issue to be resolved. :!: :!:

Cauptain
PC Specification: Core I5@4Ghz, 16GB, ATI R290, WIN7X64

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Dobs wrote:Action error 106. Product failed to initialize. Please install in your Program Files directory.

All great, fun, fine and dandy....but YOU don't give me an option to install it in my program files directory. YOU install it in my Program Files (x86) directory.

Only been 6-9 months with this issue.

No help forthcoming eh? How do I get my $$ back?
Hi Dobs

Correct me, your default OS installed drive is K: (showed on your video)??

If YES, its a problem, because some apps install only C:\

Post your screens to look better.

Claudio

GerhartRTFO
PC Specification: i7-8700/5820/3770| gtx1070/970/680 win10

Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:26 am

Sorry to bring this topic back to the top but I feel a need to weigh in on this.

I have been using Action for some time now and for the most part I am extremely happy with it but there are issues that need looked into. I brought this same subject up awhile ago in another thread specific to this subject. I don't know if this link will work but here it is http://forum.mirillis.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=36785

Ever since the 1.25.3 update I have been having to "move" the installation, or update, every time there is an update. The update always installs in the Program Files (x86) directory and not where it tells you it needs it, which is Program Files. So whenever there is an update I cut N paste the update to the correct directory and continue on with no issues.

Now this is just a small inconvenience but I feel it really throws people off to a wonderful product. This is something that I personally feel needs to be addressed if you want people to look at your product as an alternative to the free software that is available out there. Many potential customers are opting for the free software, along with its bugs, simply because they didn't have to pay for it and don't expect the same quality as you would with paid software. I've recommended Action to many people only to have them come back to me complaining about an issue here or there. I do work with them until we can resolve the issue or they get fed up and grab the free stuff. Admittedly it's not always a software issue but the person trying to use it.

Like I said, I am extremely happy with my purchase of Action and all of your products but I will admit something. When I am interested in a product I do my research on it such as looking at reviews and especially looking in their forums. If I were to be a customer today and came in here looking at possibly purchasing this product I would most likely put this one in the back of the list. I know, just because I've been using this product, that I would be missing out on a great piece of software but that potential buyer/customer doesn't know that. Please take a look into this issue and see why it's happening, it's be an issue for some time now and should have already been taken care of.

Thank you for reading and for your products
I shall now return to the shadows where I lurk.

Kuraofmari
PC Specification: Windows 8.1, i7-5820k, Titan X

Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:43 am

I'm glad you posted this. For months I've had this problem but never bothered to try and fix it because I just couldn't be bothered, but I was tired of it always saying there was an update when I had already clicked on the update several times and ran across your post. Thanks for explaining what the problem was. I thought it was something I messed up on my end. I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed yet.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”