Omen
PC Specification: Windows 10

Source video quality vs. YouTube quality

Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:57 am

I've been recording using Action 2.0, and the quality I'm getting is beautiful on the source file. I'm recording using the following settings:

- MP4 (NVIDIA NVENC)
- 1080p
- 60frames
- High Quality
- 100% MP4 Bitrate
- 0-255 (Full) Input range
- NVIDIA NVENC for export encoding

The result of these recordings is exactly as I'd desire it, near-lossless quality. When I go to upload these videos to YouTube however, the quality is skewered. To attempt to counter-act this, I've acquired Sony Vegas Pro, and tried to mess around with some renders to attempt to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck. What are some steps that I can take to make the end-product on YouTube closer to the source-quality video? If that means rendering using more specific settings in Sony Vegas, what settings would be recommended? (To give an idea of what I'd be recording, mostly Minecraft videos. Meaning, sharpness and clarity in the videos is very important due to the content being so bland) Any ideas?

Example video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWYk7uc ... e=youtu.be
Yes, the quality is nice, but it is not quite as pristine as the source file I'm aiming for.

Thanks in advance.

WaR_SPiRiT
PC Specification: Windows 7, AMD FX 8350, AMD 7970

Re: Source video quality vs. YouTube quality

Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:03 am

Only way is to upscale and render in 4K in Sony Vegas, that way youtube allows you a higher bitrate. Youtube butchers all quality mate.

Omen
PC Specification: Windows 10

Re: Source video quality vs. YouTube quality

Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:51 am

Thanks, this is exactly the sort of answer I was looking for. So, I should render the video using 4K quality? Even if it's recorded in 1080p60? Also, what bitrate should I be using, and should it be constant or variable? Thanks.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”