EnigmaPlayer
PC Specification: i7-6700, GTX 980ti, 32gb RAM, Win10(64)

Mic audio quieter than it should be

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am

Hello everyone,
I recently got Action! and realized, that the microphone volume is a bit quieter than it should be.

With that being said, It's not a huge problem, since Action! has option to record multiple tracks, so you can easily process it later on, but it is noticeable in features, like mic's audio visualizer, that's been added in the latest patch.
When I totally peak, yelling like crazy I see like half of the actual bar, and It obviously should be full, since I'm peaking with Mic's system, and program volume on 100%.

Don't get me wrong, It's not like I'm actually mad or anything, just figured that letting you all know will be a good idea :D

I use Samson G-track as my microphone, and have quite a lot of expierience with audio, so I (multiple times btw)made sure, that my Mic's system volume is "100%" 100% of the time. Some applications, like facebook for example like to turn down your microphone's in-system volume when you're too loud, so one day i decided to put a script to my windows' startup, which locks the ability to change devices volume, therefore there is no chance that it's my problem, plus to make sure I asked my good friend, who also happens to use Action!(many years now) if he noticed this problem as well, in which he agreed with me. Again, It's not a huge problem, but I think having audio visualizer on Action's HUD is a great idea, and would love to see it work properly :D

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Mic audio quieter than it should be

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:01 am

EnigmaPlayer wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:02 am
Hello everyone,
I recently got Action! and realized, that the microphone volume is a bit quieter than it should be.

With that being said, It's not a huge problem, since Action! has option to record multiple tracks, so you can easily process it later on, but it is noticeable in features, like mic's audio visualizer, that's been added in the latest patch.
When I totally peak, yelling like crazy I see like half of the actual bar, and It obviously should be full, since I'm peaking with Mic's system, and program volume on 100%.

Don't get me wrong, It's not like I'm actually mad or anything, just figured that letting you all know will be a good idea :D

I use Samson G-track as my microphone, and have quite a lot of expierience with audio, so I (multiple times btw)made sure, that my Mic's system volume is "100%" 100% of the time. Some applications, like facebook for example like to turn down your microphone's in-system volume when you're too loud, so one day i decided to put a script to my windows' startup, which locks the ability to change devices volume, therefore there is no chance that it's my problem, plus to make sure I asked my good friend, who also happens to use Action!(many years now) if he noticed this problem as well, in which he agreed with me. Again, It's not a huge problem, but I think having audio visualizer on Action's HUD is a great idea, and would love to see it work properly :D
Thank you for your feedback. We will check this.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”