viperwolf
PC Specification: I7 4.3ghz SLI Strix OC 970s W10Pro

Detecting Game Issue

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:26 am

Action works with my Steam games ( I have not tried Orgin) but it wont detect Forza 7. Is there a way to force it to recognize a game?

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Detecting Game Issue

Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:50 am

Try recording this game in Active Screen mode.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Thommy-L
PC Specification: Core I7 920, AMD R9 280x, Win7 64bit

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 am

I can't get Action to work with ANY Steam games except Poly Bridge running in a window--not full-screen--. I've tried to get it to work in Witcher 3, Afghanistan '11, They Are Billions, and Ultimate General: Civil War. Action simply does not recognize any hothey input while any of these very diverse games are running. I'm assuming it has more to do with Steam than the games themselves.

I tried recording with Active Screen. I started Action, then Steam, and then started Witcher 3. Once I had loaded the Witcher 3 save I switched out to Action and clicked on the Start/Stop Recording button at the bottom center of the app, then switched back to Witcher 3. I assumed that Action was recording because the HUD icon changed from blue. I'm red-green colorblind, so I cannot say whether the icon changed to red or green, but it appeared that I was recording, at first anyway. Instead of the Action HUD showing AERO in the upper left, it showed DX, but the recording time did not advance beyond 00:00:02. After almost 8 minutes of recording I switched back out to Action. An overlay in Action showed 7:38 and continued counting until I clicked the Start/Stop Recording button again. When I replayed the recording, all that it had recorded was the time between starting recording and switching to Witcher 3, and switching from Witcher 3 and Action to stop recording. NO ACTUALLY GAMEPLAY WAS RECORDED AT ALL!!

Thommy-L
PC Specification: Core I7 920, AMD R9 280x, Win7 64bit

Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:00 pm

Thommy-L wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 am
I can't get Action to work with ANY Steam games except Poly Bridge running in a window--not full-screen--. I've tried to get it to work in Witcher 3, Afghanistan '11, They Are Billions, and Ultimate General: Civil War. Action simply does not recognize any hothey input while any of these very diverse games are running. I'm assuming it has more to do with Steam than the games themselves.

I tried recording with Active Screen. I started Action, then Steam, and then started Witcher 3. Once I had loaded the Witcher 3 save I switched out to Action and clicked on the Start/Stop Recording button at the bottom center of the app, then switched back to Witcher 3. I assumed that Action was recording because the HUD icon changed from blue. I'm red-green colorblind, so I cannot say whether the icon changed to red or green, but it appeared that I was recording, at first anyway. Instead of the Action HUD showing AERO in the upper left, it showed DX, but the recording time did not advance beyond 00:00:02. After almost 8 minutes of recording I switched back out to Action. An overlay in Action showed 7:38 and continued counting until I clicked the Start/Stop Recording button again. When I replayed the recording, all that it had recorded was the time between starting recording and switching to Witcher 3, and switching from Witcher 3 and Action to stop recording. NO ACTUALLY GAMEPLAY WAS RECORDED AT ALL!!
I have to report, I've got Action! working normally again. The issues appears to have be caused by Avast Internet Security having updated incorrectly. I believe AIS watching over Witcher 3 as a game (performance enhancement, which 'unloads' unnecessary programs from memory to speed-up gaming) might have blocked Action! from receiving hotkey presses while Witcher 3 was running, or caused it to be paged out and prevented it from paging back in and thus preventing it from running.

At any rate, once AIS was fixed (uninstall, cleanup, reinstall) Action! is working as expected again :D

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”