Merkavar
PC Specification: windows 10

Action repeatedly opens and closes

Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:46 am

This started a few days ago out of the blue. When I open action it flashes up for half a second and then closes, then opens itself and repeats this over and over till I end task via task manager. It actually caused my task manage to stop responding and I had to end task with a 2nd task manager to get rid of the first one.

I have tried restarting, disabling my antivirus, reinstalling it, deleting and reinstalling, all the usual stuff.

I was on version 2.6 or there abouts when it started happening. But it continues to happen now with version 3.0. Had no issues or warning signs, jsut stopped working properly.

Any ideas? Thanks

Video Card: Geforce 1070 gtx
Memory: 16 GB Ram

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Action repeatedly opens and closes

Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:29 pm

Please try removing or moving to another location all your video files from your video output folder. Once your video folder is empty please run Action! and see if it's still crashing.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Merkavar

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:58 pm

seriously? That actually fixed it.

It seems to be working now. but instantly crashes if I copy the files back to their original location.

So what caused this?

Merkavar

Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:01 pm

It appear the issue was with the most recently recorded file. Lucky they weren't anything I wanted to keep so I just deleted them

Thanks

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”