NeighborKid
PC Specification: I7-5820K, RTX 2080 TI, Windows 10 X64

4k Low FPS while recording

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:22 am

Hello all,

I have used this program for a long while. I was using it at 1080P ultra quality etc with no issues what so ever.

I have upgraded to the RTX 2080 TI. I know that when recording I'm going to obviously take a big hit to my FPS. It's decent, to bad quite a bit. I record World of Warships.

I have an I7-5820K at 4GHZ OC
32 Gigs DDR4 ram
Gigabyte 2080 TI.
Windows 10 64bit.

I have gone through several changes to the settings, but nothing seems to change the recording FPS. I'm talking about the FPS when I play my games. I have tried the AVI, and it does not help not to mention it also hurts the recording as it stutters terribly.

I have the Nvenc hardware acceleration active, I have tried without and the other Hvec. I have changed the bit rate, lowered the quality of the video, it seemed to make it worse when I lowered it. I have also tried recording from 4k to 1080P and it was even worse.

Under export I have also checked on the hardware acceleration.

I have lowered the AA settings in game, I have also tried CFR and video frame rate max settings. I have also tried turning off HDR. Nothing has helped. It's very annoying and gives me headaches when I'm going from 80-90's FPS down to the 40-30's as the battle gets busier, I average about 50-59 during fights, but the stuttering and random drastic drops is killing me.

Does anyone have any thoughts? World of warships in particular is not a very demanding game. Without recording I'm normally 115-140 FPS. I was getting the same issue with my 1080 TI. I figured the upgrade would significantly help, but now I'm thinking it's more of the recording program. I have tried the Nvidia recording, and it doesnt really impact me as much as Action is.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: 4k Low FPS while recording

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:10 am

We couldn't recreate your issue in our lab but we have some suspicions. Check what is your CPU usage during recording.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”