Claunator
PC Specification: Win 10 64-bit, i7-6700K, GTX 970

Action studio? WHY?!

Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Okay, this is my first time expressing criticism towards the community. I don't really know who to direct this on, Mirillis or the users. I would say users. Also apologies in advance if i'm too harsh but this is how i go. But anyway, i took a peek on the facebook pages on upcoming changes. One of 'em reads "Action to evolve into Action studio". This worries me actually.

In the details it says Action is gonna include editing tools. This is something i don't understand. Don't get me wrong, i love Action. It's my main recording program. But why do people want it to become a mix of recording and editing tools now? That doesn't make any sense in my opinion. If they want to edit, why can't they just get a program dedicated to that, like Sony Vegas or PowerDirector? Is it really that big a deal to bother? If they can afford to buy a copy of Action, then there's no excuse not to buy a seperate editing program. Sure, those who don't have that much money i can understand the struggle. But the ones who CAN afford, just sound like they want to ruin a good program.

Some of the facebook commenters seem especially lazy. Action is meant to be a recording program, not a mix of it with editing. Editing in it is unnecessary. But if they have to have it, FINE! But Mirillis, u better make it distinctive. I hope u make it either

1. Seperate program, call it whatever u want

Or 2. Have an option at launch to choose recorder or editor. This way the tools in question won't get in each others way.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Action studio? WHY?!

Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:53 am

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We will take it into consideration.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Damibra
PC Specification: i7-9750H ,32GB RAM, GTX 1660Ti, Win10

Re: +1 for basic editing features

Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:33 am

I quite like the idea of including basic editing tools within Action! which would be created and supported by Mirillis themselves. I do not want or see the need to go purchase, download and install an entirely separate program to get basic editing features which can and should be included in Action! recording software. I also fail to see how editing tools can get in the way of recording. Once a recording is made, users can have ability to select the recording and choose edit from among one of the different available options (which would then launch the editing window).

kvachu
PC Specification: ryzen 7 rx580 nitro w10

Re: +1 for basic editing features

Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:35 pm

Damibra wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:33 am
I quite like the idea of including basic editing tools within Action! which would be created and supported by Mirillis themselves. I do not want or see the need to go purchase, download and install an entirely separate program to get basic editing features which can and should be included in Action! recording software. I also fail to see how editing tools can get in the way of recording. Once a recording is made, users can have ability to select the recording and choose edit from among one of the different available options (which would then launch the editing window).
This is what I was about to say. Vegas Pro is more like super advanced software for video editing. You can do magic with it, but what if we just want to trim, crop or merge few chunks? Just the basic stuff. If Mirillis do it right, I'd say go for it. In my videos I do mostly trimming, or I cut off loading and saving screens, and never needed vegas for some fancy stuff.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”