CaptainGreigh
PC Specification: Windows 10 Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1060

Stuck in Load Crash Load Loop

Fri May 31, 2019 8:07 pm

Hello, the day before yesterday I booted and used Action! no problem and made a bunch of recordings. This morning I launched Action, started a recording, and then the program crashed. Now if I attempt to start the program both in and outside of administrator mode it will act as if it is starting up normally, then close itself down and do that repeatedly on a loop. After a couple of minutes of this, I receive an error about "the instruction at 0x00000000004F1FE9 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000. The memory could not be read" When I click to "terminate" the process the loop continues until I manage to catch the program in the task manager and shut it down - something that is really hard to do as it appears and reappears constantly. I have run the command prompt as an administrator and done a scan. It found something, I restarted it and the report came back as fixed (something I read to try on another thread here). That didn't fix the issue. So I updated all my drivers as a clean install (another thing suggested in the thread) and that did not fix my issue either. I uninstalled and re-installed action fresh. This also did not fix my issue. And yes, I tried turning it off and on again :)

I am running it on a Lenovo Legion I7+ 8th gen core, Nvidia GEFORCE GTX, Windows 10, 64 bit and 16gb ram. Action claims to be launching version 3.9.5.0 on the splash screen when it flashes. I have no Idea what else I can do and couldn't find anything further on the forums, apologies if I've missed something obvious.

And in case it matters the original crash happened while attempting to capture video on the Unity Game Editor - which I've done before without issue.

Thanks for your time and help.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Stuck in Load Crash Load Loop

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:24 am

Open folder where your recordings are stored and remove corrupted recording.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

CaptainGreigh
PC Specification: Windows 10 Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 1060

Re: Stuck in Load Crash Load Loop

Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:34 pm

Well I feel dumb now - that worked. Thank you. I didn't even think to try that because I thought I had deleted them all before the crash.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”