Aleksandar030
PC Specification: FX8300, RX 580 4 GB, Windows 7 64bit

No Man's Sky - Unable to Record Properly

Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:49 am

Hi guys!

First of all, I want to say thank you for this awesome product, been using it for years and I couldn't be more happier.

However, there is one pressing issue that I would like to highlight and I'm sure there are others that are experiencing it but haven't posted here on the forums. I have only found two threads about this game so maybe this will be the lucky third one before the fix.

Also, I have contacted the support in the meantime, but since I'd like to explain a bit more - I'll open this thread to serve as a potential reference for anyone who might be experiencing the same problem.

Here are my details:

Video Card: AMD RX 580 (4 GB)
Memory: 16 GB
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080
Video Editor: Latest Power Director but irrelevant in this case.
Game Problem: No Man's Sky Beyond (last update - before it worked fine I believe).
Video Type: MP4 (both I guess)

I've got the latest Action, drivers, AMD software - everything is fully updated.

Issue: It's impossible to record it in any mode (game, screen etc).

Some say it's something to do with the game being converted to 'Vulkan' and the API not being there but I have searched the forums and it seems that games like this have been successfully added in the past, so I guess the same could be done with this one.

I can successfully record the game with AMD's ReLive (it has some other issues with audio though, so kinda bummed out) and OBS was problematic as well, might give it another go now with some different settings. Either way, I'd really like to see Action fixed and able to fully manage this game.

There is one temporary work-around for anyone else reading this thread, and that is to set the game to Borderless and experiment whether you need to fire up the game first or Action, I'm not sure - sometimes it seems to work sometimes not, but if you get the sequence right - you will be able to fully record it in the 'Screen' mode.

But the problem with this game is that it somehow defaults back to Fullscreen mode after a restart even though in the settings file (and in-game) it says it's still in Borderless (alt-tabbing out is slow so that seems to indicate a reversal of some sort).

So it's a bit annoying having to restart the game twice between videos. :)

I hope you guys can roll out a quick patch!

Thanks.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: No Man's Sky - Unable to Record Properly

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:32 am

Even if the game uses Vulkan API, Action! should detect it with no problem.
Have you contacted Hello Games support?
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Aleksandar030

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:42 pm

I haven't, but I will now.

I saw a thread about Rage or another game where you added support, thought this might be the same situation. Is it not?

Thanks!

Aleksandar030

Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:23 pm

I have received an update via email some time ago saying that this last week would get us another update and this issue would be resolved but there's no updates during the last week, any news on when this update is (approximately) scheduled to go out?

I also wrote to NMS team multiple times on multiple occasions but no one ever came back to me which leads me to believe that they either don't know how to fix it or they just can't be bothered since it's not an issue a lot of people are going to report. Please help guys. :)

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:52 am

Aleksandar030 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:23 pm
I have received an update via email some time ago saying that this last week would get us another update and this issue would be resolved but there's no updates during the last week, any news on when this update is (approximately) scheduled to go out?

I also wrote to NMS team multiple times on multiple occasions but no one ever came back to me which leads me to believe that they either don't know how to fix it or they just can't be bothered since it's not an issue a lot of people are going to report. Please help guys. :)
Problem is fixed in new version but it is not released yet. Do not worry it will be there soon.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Aleksandar030

Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:26 pm

Hey, thanks a lot!

My last resort in the meantime was to record audio/video separately via Action & ReLive (AMD said in the last 'known issues' update that they are aware of ReLive audio being 'garbled' as well) but this is a nice relief, so thank you!

Can't wait for the update! :)

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”