AHITMAN
PC Specification: Building new PC

Rainbow six siege Vulkan

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:23 pm

https://mirillis.com/vulcan-api-game-re ... n-tutorial

I want to be able to use timeshift I dont want to record all the time I just need my highlights.

Aurexine
PC Specification: i7-8700k, GTX 1070, 32G DDR4, Windows 10

Rainbow Six Siege, Vulkan, and the lack of support from Mirillis.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:10 pm

This is less of a request for support and more of an open letter towards Mirillis at this point.

Mirillis Team,

A few years ago I purchased a commercial license for Action! as I intended to start a YouTube channel, while I ended up not actually making any revanue, I've always held Action! as the gold standard for recording software. Until now, it just works, has all the features I want, and does so incredibly well. However with recent updates to the game Rainbow Six Siege implementing Vulkan, despite claiming to be compatible with Vulkan Action! does not hook the game. I've tried every setting and option I can on my end to no avail, so decided to go ahead and contact Mirillis to ask about this.

The decision to contact them was made the first few days in February, and since then I have sent the "Contact Us" form at least 3 times, I have emailed their support team from two separate emails (including the incredibly old email I originally purchased the license under), pinged their Twitter multiple times, messaged them on Facebook, and commented on their YouTube. All of these methods have yielded no response.

Since then the game has received two updates, one of them directly fixing Vulkan recording, at least with OBS. Yet Action! despite getting six updates and going from version 4.0.x to 4.3 in this time still does not hook Siege. And again, despite the six separate updates not a single word from their support team. As a long time customer who has been in contact with support and worked with them to help find and fix bugs in the past this is heartbreaking.

I'm not even blaming Action! for the issue, it could very well be a problem that Ubisoft needs to address in their game, but at the very least a response from the support team saying that this is the case would be very much appreciated rather than just ignoring their customers. At least tell me you see my concern, let me know you're looking into it or that you're aware of the problem. Tell me you're working on it, or that Ubisoft just needs to get it fixed on their end. That's all I ask for, a little communication.

I'm aware we're in the midst of a pandemic here, all over the world, everyone's hurting from it. I am not expecting miracles, I'm not expecting immediate fixed, I'm just wanting some transparency at this point. With updates rolling out the entire time it's clear that the team either has not been in lockdown or has been working from home, that is plenty enough of a reason to expect as little as a response from the, and I don't feel like I'm asking too much by saying that.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Rainbow six siege Vulkan

Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:04 am

Actually the problem is caused by Battleye blocking our lib. We have contacted them but still no help from them.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Aurexine

Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:35 am

Thank you very much for the response, I will be elevating my issue a second time through Ubisoft.

Aurexine

Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:47 pm

I have now gotten an email back from Ubisoft, they claim that they are forwarding it to the dev team to get something done about this.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”