Valeskalim
PC Specification: Ryzen 3 2200G

My webcam not showing - Action!

Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:58 am

Last week i bought a new webacm for recording. While im using it, the webcam didnt show on preview. When i test with other webcam, still works. How to fix that?

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: My webcam not showing - Action!

Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:12 am

What webcam do you use?
Try uninstalling webcam in Device Manager and install it again.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

noodlytentacle
PC Specification: Windows 10, Ryzen 5, ATI Radeon RX570

Web cam does not show up, but program sees it

Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:42 am

Hello...

Scouring the internet, I have found multiple people having this problem with little to no solution. However, I shall try again hoping to get an answer. ♥

1. My webcam works in Skype, in Discord, with YAWCam, Splitcam and a myriad of other programs. However, even though the drop down for webcam in Action! shows my webcam as a selectable option, even when selected, the actual webcam video does not show on the preview screen.

2. I have uninstalled Action!, removed Action! from the Registry, and reinstalled Action!. It still doesn't work with Action!.

3. I have uninstalled the webcam's drivers, restarted the PC, reinstalled the drivers and it still doesn't work with Action!.

4. I have unplugged the USB and plugged it into a different USB, and it still doesn't work with Action!.

5. I have tried ticking the checkboxes for Visualize Mouse Clicks (as suggested elsewhere) and that doesn't work.

6. I have turned off all other programs that might use the webcam such as Skype and Discord, then load up Action! but it still doesn't work.

7. For the basics, I have "webcam" checked with "webcam" selected in the drop down, and the position set in the correct position.

-----

Hopefully, someone at tech support will have a solution, instead of repeating a cookie cutter answer from #2. ^_^

Watchman
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: Core i9-7940X, nVidia RTX2080 SLI, Win10

Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:35 pm

Please give us webcam vendor/model so we can order it for testing. Thank you

PeterDC
PC Specification: i5-6200 CPU - 16GB RAM - Window 10

Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:07 am

I have the same issues. When I use the built-in laptop webcam, everything works fine. When I try to use my Steel-Play 1080p webcam, the webcam is not showing. (The 1080p webcam is selectable in Action, but that is all.). I did the steps as described above, but without success.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”