Venom912
PC Specification: FX 6300, RX 470, W7

Brightness decreases in recorded video. Help..

Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:39 am

Hello, I wanted to try the trial version before buying. This program is very nice, but it does not save the brightness in the game in the same way. Brightness decreases and the video looks amateur, this is bad. I lowered brightness of the game and turned it higher, but the program still recorded the same. I guess a fixed HDR, contrast or something. Can someone help me?

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Brightness decreases in recorded video. Help..

Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:14 am

Could you please provide me a video sample where your issue occurs? Please upload your original video file to one of the popular sharing sites like Google Drive or Dropbox. It will help us investigate your issue.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Elec
PC Specification: i5-6600k, GTX 1060, Windows 10 20H2

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:30 am

I was just about to create a similar thread. Not sure if this is the same thing that OP experiences, but it seems that common video players like MPC and VLC are unable to render the video properly. I have never really paid attention so it's possible that it always used to be like this.

If you were to open the images in a new tab and quickly switch between them you would notice that printscreen and splash images are almost the same (just some quality loss) and then what MPC sees is totally different. That's how the video playback looks as well so it's not something with image compression (i have the of original .bmp files and it's the same).

Haven't tested how the files look in Premiere or YouTube.

PrintScreen:
Image saved with Splash:
Image saved with MPC-HC:

PrintScreen:
Image saved with Splash:
Image saved with MPC-HC:

Venom912
PC Specification: FX 6300, RX 470, W7

Sat May 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Piotr wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:14 am
Could you please provide me a video sample where your issue occurs? Please upload your original video file to one of the popular sharing sites like Google Drive or Dropbox. It will help us investigate your issue.
Hello, I'm sorry for the late reply. I tried nearly 10 programs except Action! but the result is always like this. The game colors are bright but the colors become darker in the video recording. the colors are getting darker in different places.. Only Fraps is recording the original colors, i dont know why.

These images were taken from the video:

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”