ShadowMemories
PC Specification: CPU I7-7700K Win10 Geforce 2060 Super

Action ! Crashing evertime when changing default folders for medias

Wed May 05, 2021 4:34 pm

Hello,

I'm facing a big problem regarding Action when I try to change folder default location for videos / audios / pictures. I have attached a picture to explain exactly what action I'm doing.
The program freeze and became "not responding". I have to kill it with Task Manager. It occurs everytime I try to do this action and whatever the folder I try to change(Video, Audio, Photo, Benchmarks).

I have tested on two computers (one desktop and on laptop), each with Windows 10 on it, first with the same version of the program, and after with a different one, for example with version 4.16.1 and 4.18.0 and problem remains. It's very frustrating because I wish to save all data's on another HDD and not on my system disk...

There is nothing into the "crash" folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mirillis\Action!\crash.

On the attachment 2 we can see the "not responding" message and also the task manager screen showing process opened by Action!

The only workaround I have find for now is that installing on Version 4.5.0. I can browse folder and no crahs occurs. So it seems that something has changed on newer version ?

Thanks for help !

Specs:

Video Card: Geforce 2060 Super (Desktop) / Geforce 1070 (Laptop)
Memory: 32 GB (Desktop) / 16GB (Laptop)
Monitor Resolution: ,1920x1080 each
Action Version: 4.18.0 / 4.16.1
Attachments
Action_crash.png
Action_crash.png (12.76 KiB) Viewed 2242 times

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Action ! Crashing evertime when changing default folders for medias

Thu May 06, 2021 5:51 am

Hello ShadowMemories.

This issue occur for small percentage of our users and we don't know why this is happening. We are not able to recreate this problem.
There is a way to change output folders using registry editor.
Open Registry editor and go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Mirillis\Action. Values that store folder paths are:
AudioOutputRootFolder, BenchmarkOutputRootFolder, ScreenshotsOutputRootFolder, VideoOutputRootFolder
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”