Racket
PC Specification: i7 8700k, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10 v20H2

Judder/Stutter When Capturing from 4K60 Pro Mk. 2

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:35 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to do some console capture and I have noticed an issue with a persistent stutter throughout my captures through my 4K60 Pro Mk. 2. Especially noticeable with the environments when the camera is moving around the character. The same stutter isn't on my OBS or Elgato recordings.

The majority of the stutter IS absent, or less noticeable, when I try and capture with the normal NVENC setting in Action, but because I'm trying to capture HDR that doesn't exactly suit. NVENC HEVC and NVENC HDR10 both exhibit this issue for me.

Lowering capture resolution and quality in Action does decrease the amount of screen judder. This also happens when I try streaming to YouTube, not just with local recordings. Local recordings going to HDD, SSD or my NVMe drive also don't seem to affect the problem.

Going back through versions of Action through 4.14.0 don't make a difference either.

Capturing HDR gameplay on games on the PC itself works as intended, smooth as butter. It's specifically capturing from the capture card through Action that is the issue.

I'm using an i7 8700k, RTX 2080Ti with 16GB of RAM.

I've uploaded two clips to both YouTube and OneDrive, aiming for similar-ish gameplay moments. One is captured through the Elgato Software, the other through Action, where any judders are minimal on the Elgato capture vs Action. The last camera spin on the Action video probably is the most easily noticeable spot for the problem, but it's there in every video I have from the card through Action.

YouTube Action Footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dod_doEMFJc

YouTube Elgato Footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLWbemWmdfQ

OneDrive link to both files in case YouTube doesn't process the videos quick enough:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao2TIc9RKrE1hcE2534 ... w?e=fHFdhw

Thank you in advance for any help with my issue,

Justin

Racket
PC Specification: i7 8700k, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10 v20H2

Re: Judder/Stutter When Capturing from 4K60 Pro Mk. 2

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:38 am

Hi,

After a bit of doing some HDR streaming and recording of PC games for the last few months, which have been as smooth as ever, I tried again to see if any recent updates solved my console recording issue. My problem still remains in all footage streamed or recorded through Action via my Elgato 4K60 Pro Mk.2. Still the exact same stutter, judder and even some screen tearing as in the first post.

I just wanted to add as well that I uninstalled Action fully, removing the registry entries to fully reset my Action settings to default, Issue still persisted after not changing anything in action other than the source to my capture card.

Has anybody got any ideas on where my problem may lie or has anybody else noticed the same issue? Would really love to be able to record my console gameplay through Action for the HDR footage!

Cheers,

Justin

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”