RainingDot
PC Specification: Windows 10, NVIDIA RTX 3090

Need advice, should I buy Action! ?

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:51 pm

Hello everyone,
I am new here. I saw there's 33% discount for most of their product.

I used the trial version and think Action might meet my needs. But I am not really sure about that, trial version has big watermark on it. I can't test it under this circumstances for 30 days.
What if I face some serious problem after I purchase, based on the Return policy, what's the meaning of "reasonable refund request"? How's the percentage of request deny?
What if I think it's reasonable but they disagree?

Anyway, hope there's someone can share his/her experience. I am eager to record my game clips that I want to remember in the future.

Thank you.

brazilianjoe
PC Specification: Ryzen 3600, Geforce 1660 Super, W10Pro

Re: Need advice, should I buy Action! ?

Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:44 pm

Quick heads-up: It's currently at 70% discount on Steam. I think the 8th will be the last day.
That's basically the price of a Happy Meal or less.

I bumped into Action! when lookiing for an app that supports HDR, as most famous screen recorders/ live stream apps currently still do not do hdr as of yet.

I am positively impressed. As for the refund policy, I do not know, but already got my bang for the buck in a week of ownership.

Liberty
PC Specification: Windows 10, nVIDIA GeForce 940MX

Re: Need advice, should I buy Action! ?

Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:41 am

I'm really pleased with Action! I've used it a few years now and I prefer it above others that I've tried, and I've tried a lot.

A couple of things to be aware of:

1. I had a lot of crashes yesterday. The solution is - if Mirillis is crashing when I'm not using the mic, make sure this is unticked: "Secondary Sound Device (Microphone)". Only tick the mic when using it. If not doing commentary for videos (eg for youtube as I do), untick.

2. What you should know about the "Record microphone into separated audio track" feature is that it creates an additional audio track in your video file, NOT an additional file. Once you drag the gaming video file onto the timeline in your video editing program, three tracks will show up when doing gaming + commentary.

Knowing these 2 things alone has really helped me. Passing it on.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”