Neo_Angelo
PC Specification: Windows 10, Ryzen7 5800X, Radeon RX6800

Action! causing Emulator to be black screen advice needed.

Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:40 am

Hello Folks,

Ive been using Action! for a long time and i wanted to try and give playing some older games a go with randomizer hacks.

now this issue relates to SNES9x-64 emulator.

What happens is i can load up both Action! and Snes9x fine but when i try to play a game on the emulator, no matter what mode i'm in on Action! it seems to cause the Emulator to show a black screen when changing screen modes.

i have ran the emulator fine on its own and nothing happens, it runs fine, but the moment i try to use Action! to record the game, the screen, the screen size, it causes the black screen, though the sound still works and i can still "play" the game blind.

i'm wondering if its due to the overlay that Action! uses, im sure in older versions there was a way to disable the small box overlay that showed framerate etc. icannot seem to find a way to hide or disable this on the latest version. That was what i was going to test next, if i could disable that to see if it allowed me to record without the black screen issue.

maybe its nothing to do with that at all and its something to do with the settings im using in Action! as i have frame rate at 120, video size at original.

Has anyone come across this at all, and if so can anyone give me any advice on what to do to get them both workingtogether without problems?

many thanks!

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Action! causing Emulator to be black screen advice needed.

Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:06 am

Try adding the emulator to exclusions in Action!. Then record it usig Screen recording mode.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”