Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Can people still open AVI files in VirtualDub?

Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:32 am

Did it work for you before?
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

macula
PC Specification: i7-3770K;AMD R9 380 4GB;12RAM;Win10Home

Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:16 pm

Piotr wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:32 am
Did it work for you before?
I think it did, I vaguely remember old conversations about 120 FPS (btw the current AVI is in 30 FPS) and some other stuff that suggests to me that I could add an AVI file recorded in Action but, that was back in 2014, since then Action! got quite a lot of updates. There was even an old tutorial that I commented once talking about extracting audio from AVI file with two sound sources back in the day, which I personally had no problem using (here is tutorial I just found it again viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22648)

I am sure I could before and I also hope that whatever reason is why I can't import AVI in VirtualDub is the same reason I can't import in Vegas Pro 19.0 which is my real goal.

I can also add a sample of the video here, the video is uploaded on WeTransfers Video Sample which links have an expiration date for a week since the uploaded, I actually send an email to support but I haven't got a response yet from them.

Also, my codec pack is K-Lite Version 16.9.5 Mega currently installed, I tend to use k-lite for a while now.

macula
PC Specification: i7-3770K;AMD R9 380 4GB;12RAM;Win10Home

Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:04 pm

I finally figured out the issue, I just tried to open it on a different computer that I didn't have access to it previously, and on it did read the AVI file.

BOTH VirtualDub and Vegas read it, after this I got a hint of what it might be and tried it and THAT too worked as well.

Turns out the issue was in the installation of Mirillis Action! and administration privileges.

In order to fix this, I uninstalled Mirillis Action!, then I log off from the regular user and log in in administration user type and re-installed Action!, after that I went back to the regular user windows account, and there I tried to import it then, and it worked.

I guess the codec that came with the software didn't install correctly then I installed it on regular windows account.

On VirtualDub it plays both video and audio, on vegas it can only import video but I expected that, since that was the same behavior in past, and I can deal with that issue unlike with video.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”