Sirio
PC Specification: PCCOM Gaming Nvidia

Awful coding

Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:00 am

I'm doing live broadcasts, with 6 Mb / s at 1080p, and it comes out horrible, with terrible quality, ultra pixelated and dark, it destroyed the direct.

Method = AMD AMF
HDR -> SDR brightness = 2.0
SDR -> HDR brightness = 1.0
Size = Original (1080p)
Frames = 60fps CFR

How can it be so bad for streaming?
The Emperatrix

macula
PC Specification: i7-3770K;AMD R9 380 4GB;12RAM;Win10Home

Re: Awful coding

Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:32 am

I don't do streams but, pixelated artifacts are usually youtube at fault.

Youtube re-encodes all uploaded videos and compresses the heck out of them, meaning not enough bitrate to show video properly.

There are two codecs that youtube re-encodes video in avc1 and vp9.

avc1 isn't optimised well enough for web viewing, so generally, you want vp9 re-encodes.

Youtube has two rules under which can make re-encodes in vp9, first one is that your video is more populare, second one is that uploaded video is in higher resolution then 1080, it's because of that I upload video in upscaled resolution usually (I import it in video editor and needed improve look of video.

How you know what encoded video is in, by opening "stats for nerds" option, I looked up your video by title and noticed it's in avc1 at time I am writting this.

As for dark part, donno what to tell you about that, maybe you might lookup settings about dynamic range when recording or streaming video (Full 0-255, Limited 16-235) maybe change that setting and see if it helps, also I don't usully deal with HDR recordings.

Bottom line is, it's not software fault it's pixelated, but youtube.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”