WalterS
PC Specification: i7 10700K, RTX 3080, Windows 11

Action! version 4.38.2 completely unstable

Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:13 am

I have just installed (and re-installed) the trial verison of 4.38.2.
Almost every game I have tried to run while recording is on, crashes to desktop, including Baldur's Gate 3, Witcher 3, and Elden Ring. RDR2 seems to be OK, but AC Odyssey keeps losing focus.
WOW.
How can an established program like this be so incredibly unstable? I am using the default settings.
I would definitely buy this app because it seems probably the best app for the job out there....if I can get it to actually work!
So it begs the question "The Most Advanced PC Screen Recording Software"? I think not.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Action! version 4.38.2 completely unstable

Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:39 am

Hello,
please provide us your PC DxDiag report. It will help us investigate your problem.
To run a dxdiag report follow the steps below:

If you are running Windows Vista or higher go to your task bar.
Click on, "Start Button".
Click on, "Run".
In the pop-up window enter dxdiag and hit ok.
The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
Click on, "Save all information tab".
"Save As" window should be present.
Click on, "Save" (The file should be saved to your desktop as dxdiag)
Close the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

Attach generated txt file to your reply.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

WalterS
PC Specification: i7 10700K, RTX 3080, Windows 11

Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:41 pm

So I have since done some reasearch into this (and I suggest you do the same, if it isn't obvious) and found that a) you can't run the Action! app in Game mode, instead it needs to be run in Screen Mode, and b) I have to set my game to Borderless Window and c) I have to add the game to the exclusion list. All this just to get this damn app to work! That is amazing.

But I have since also run into the micro-freeze problem that occurs every 10-15 seconds. This particular bug was reported in 2014. This is a DECADE ago! It's been reported over and over and over....
So here I am, once again reporting it.

But it is becoming really quite clear to me that reporting bugs to you guys at Mirillis is as productive as reporting it to my cat.

What a pathetic state of affair and I am disappointed I wasted the money on buying this. Instead I could have bought a good supply of toilet paper.

CiDsTaR
PC Specification: i7-4790K, GTX 970, Win 8.1Pro

Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:34 am

I've been facing the same crashing problem with 50% of the games I tried.

The solution, in my case, was to install OBS. I don't know if it does something to the driver controllers or something that Action! is missing but, after that, I can start Action! in game mode, and I can record every single game again :P

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”