P4C0T3
PC Specification: windows 8, AMD RADEON R7 M265, i7 5500U

Can't edit videos in any software

Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:21 am

Hi! I've bought Mirillis Action on Steam and it works fine and records every game with no problem.
But unfortunately, I can't edit the videos recorded with Mirillis Action! on any software for video edition. I tried Ligthworks, Adobe Premier Pro CC 2014, Corel VideoStudio Pro x7 and x8, Sony Vegas, and all the softwares crashed when editing. Most crashed occured when trying to play the video in the software, or adding the video files to the software.

I tried recording on AVI and MP4 and it doesn't work... And even if it's a small video, the softwares crashed when trying to watch the video inside the editor. I don't know what to do.

Could you recommend any software that works?
Or is there something I can do?

Thank you! ;)

radi
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: i7-3610QM, 8GB RAM, GTX 660M

Re: Can't edit videos in any software

Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:50 pm

All of the mentioned editing software should work properly. Could you upload a video sample of your video? I will try to drop into my sony vegas and see if I get similar results.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

BlondLuke
PC Specification: Windows 7 ultimate

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:54 am

Try wondershare, Movavi Video Editor, We video, wonderfox, I used all of them. All these editors can play videos inside the editor. And what's more, video converter can help convert your video to any format like avi to mpg, avi to mp4, mkv to mp4.

kittykatblue
PC Specification: i'm not telling cause i don't have to

Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:53 am

So I posted it as unlisted on my channel, the video i mean, and then downloaded the video so it would change to mp4, but no matter which way I try to select it to edit in any software, as so as i change even just the speed of the video, it cuts off like 90% of the video. Goes from 1 hr 57 min, to 10 min. for absolutely no reason.

Kelliemann
PC Specification: windows 10

Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:32 am

premiere pro, final cut.

DaVinci Resolve if you want free.

P4C0T3
PC Specification: windows 8, AMD RADEON R7 M265, i7 5500U

Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:42 pm

Hey guys. I'm back here after 6 years. hahah
(:

I've been using Adobe's Premiere Pro to edit the videos recorded on Action!
Sometimes the recordings have a little problem with audio and video synchronization, but It's easy to solve by synchronizing them on Premiere.

The issue I had has been solved. I have no idea how, but I'm glad it works fine now.

SusanClark
PC Specification: Windows 10

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:36 am

Adobe Primiere and After Effects

Sascha
PC Specification: 6-Core Ryzen7, RTX 2060 Super, Win 10.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:46 pm

I just had a similar issue which support helped me solve. There are two options I know of that can make your recordings have low compatibility with editing software (and players)

- Enable multi-track recording (Turn this off. You could try the recording to a separate audio file option instead)
- Under Hardware Acceleration, make sure you don't have it set to "NVIDIA NVENC HEVC" (The HEVC option changes your codec to .h265 which many programs don't support. Changing it to "NVIDIA NVENC" worked for me in DaVinci Resolve, support says it encodes in .AVC. I'm not sure what codec is used if you set it to "Disabled", if anyone knows please share the info ;) )

Hope that helps! :idea:

Wlee2060

Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:36 am

Why not give Tuneskit AceMovi a try? I'm using this video editing software for several months and it worked well. The program is quite stable and does not crash even if my video clip is large. Sometimes my file is big, and it will get stuck in preview. But when I use a 1/4 or 1/8 to preview, it worked perfectly!

KurtWest

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:38 am

I've been using Adobe's Premiere Pro to edit the videos recorded on Action!
Sometimes the recordings have a little problem with audio and video synchronization, but It's easy to solve by synchronizing them on Premiere.

Return to “Video editing”