123CamTheMan
PC Specification: Windows 10

Video editing

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:26 am

I need help on what video editing software to use. Any recommendations?

dharna
PC Specification: mac

Re: Video editing

Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:53 am

Video editing is the process of manipulating and rearranging video shots to create a new work. Editing is usually considered to be one part of the post production process — other post-production tasks include titling, colour correction, sound mixing, etc.

Many people use the term editing to describe all their post-production work, especially in non-professional situations. Whether or not you choose to be picky about terminology is up to you. In this tutorial we are reasonably liberal with our terminology and we use the word editing to mean any of the following:

*Rearranging, adding and/or removing sections of video clips and/or audio clips.
*Applying colour correction, filters and other enhancements.
*Creating transitions between clips.

The Goals of Editing:-
There are many reasons to edit a video and your editing approach will depend on the desired outcome. Before you begin you must clearly define your editing goals, which could include any of the following:

Remove unwanted footage

This is the simplest and most common task in editing. Many videos can be dramatically improved by simply getting rid of the flawed or unwanted bits.

Choose the best footage

It is common to shoot far more footage than you actually need and choose only the best material for the final edit. Often you will shoot several versions (takes) of a shot and choose the best one when editing.

Create a flow

Most videos serve a purpose such as telling a story or providing information. Editing is a crucial step in making sure the video flows in a way which achieves this goal.

Add effects, graphics, music, etc

This is often the "wow" part of editing. You can improve most videos (and have a lot of fun) by adding extra elements.

Alter the style, pace or mood of the video

A good editor will be able to create subtle mood prompts in a video. Techniques such as mood music and visual effects can influence how the audience will react.

Give the video a particular "angle"

Video can be tailored to support a particular viewpoint, impart a message or serve an agenda.

kannada

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:53 am

123CamTheMan wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:26 am
I need help on what video editing software to use. Any recommendations?
Based on my experience, I used Adobe after effect and Adobe Premiere
Switch in accordance with your need
Indah pada waktunya

julie
PC Specification: Win 10

Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:03 am

I still think the Adobe Premiere Pro is great if you have enough experience in video editing. But it is not suitable for beginners. For the easy video editor, the best one I use recently is TunesKit AceMovi. It is simple enough and owns several features like splitting screen, Crop and Zoom, Filters, and many more.

polemax
PC Specification: i5 3rd Gen, Intel HD , Windows 10

Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:32 am

Hi
If you want to do video editing easily than use the Wondershare Filmore it consist of simple interface and easy to edit any video but if you want additional feature use the adobe premiere pro.

chris8

Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:50 pm

Adobe Premiere Pro is among the most used video editing software in the Hollywood film industry. Adobe comes as an integrated suite that handles color correction, titles, audio graphics, video, and various other aspects of video editing.

RoderickReid
PC Specification: windows 10

Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:54 am

I want to learn how to edit videos to post on tiktok, where should I start please share with me

Return to “Video editing”