flyer201
PC Specification: Intel i7-4770 3.4 GHz, Win7 pro,16GB ram

HandBrake or Sony Vegas?

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:17 am

I've had varying results converting Action .avi files in Handbrake. Are other users here getting good results? If so would you please share your settings. Some of my captures are 720p, others 1080p. The problem I'm seeing (sometimes) is that scenes that look perfectly smooth in the captured avi file are somewhat jerky in the rendered file.

I have no issue loading files into Vegas but regardless of codec/bitrate I generally like the Handbrake results better. I'm not sure why this should be so. For 1080p I'm looking for good results at ca 6000 kb/s which I think is generous in terms of bit rate, yet I have issues of smoothness not seen in the original avi.

I did see an earlier post from a few years back that recommends using VDub and a lossless codec to avoid problems with the FICV codec. Is the issue I'm seeing possibly that HB and Sony Vegas are not dealing wwith this codec properly?

Thanks!

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: HandBrake or Sony Vegas?

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:10 am

Probably Handbrake has some issue with our codec. We recommend converting using Action! feature.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

RemontInvertor
PC Specification: windows 7

HandBrake or Sony Vegas

Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:50 pm

I ask for help with the following question.
In general, I am recording video in Bandicame with the Xvid codec; of the ones presented in the program, it is the most optimal.
So the source file of Sony Vegas refuses to accept. It opens only the audio track. The video is not going to be torn off, it simply does not see. Put K-Light codec pack - did not help. I downloaded separately Hvid kodeksamy fresh - it did not help.
How to be help me please

Return to “Video editing”