sinnfullduck
PC Specification: i7 2600k, radeon 6870, win7

No Video in Davinci Resolve

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:25 pm

I've used Action for years now and I recently changed from Premiere to Davinci for my editing. When I import an mp4 from action into Davinci, I get audio but no video. If I try to record in AVI, Davinci doesn't recognize it at all. I'm kind of at a loss here. Is there anything I can do to get my clips into Davinci? Any way of changing the mp4 codec within Action to something that can be used with my new software?

Also, I can use mp4 files taken from my phone or cameras so the issue is just with Action's codec it seems. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

sinnfullduck
PC Specification: i7 2600k, radeon 6870, win7

Re: No Video in Davinci Resolve

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:09 pm

Solved it on my own. For some reason, the audio would play but video would not and turned out that audio was actually the problem. If you use Davinci Resolve, make sure you record all your audio into one track. Disable "Record microphone into separate audio Track". That solved the issue and now it all works perfectly!

jan
PC Specification: IOS Mojave

Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:40 am

Hey Where can I find that option? ASAP I have a similar issue. I have dragged and dropped the video on the timeline , Audio is playing but not the video. Trying to figure this out. I am new to davinci resolve . Please specify where that option is located and how to disable it.

Timmy
PC Specification: windows 10, Core i5, nvidia geforce GTX

Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:44 pm

I wanted to edit a video so I installed Davinci Resolve in my 5 year old HP laptop (core i3) but my laptop stated freezing. So, I uninstalled Davinci Resolve and after that the laptop again started working fine. Now, I really want to edit that video. I have another laptop (it is a new laptop) Acer core i5, so, I am worried if I will install Davinci Resolve in it will this laptop also start freezing.
I am really confused so please advice me.
Thanks.

jagm
PC Specification: Intel i7 Win 10

Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:27 pm

Thank you for letting us know that you resolved it own your own and giving full details on how you actually achieved it (NOT)
Been banging my head on the wall for last 2 hours trying to find solution to this problem and now my head really hurts. Guess I will have to give into premier pro.
Thanks Resolve for failing your potential customers on the first hurdle.

Return to “Video editing”