monkeyman
PC Specification: Pretty good one.

Subtitles synchronization adjustment

Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:22 pm

Splash always had a pretty weird Synchronization Adjustment (SA) option behavior. First of all, why 5 secs limit? You can easily increase it to like 20-30 secs to cover all the needs. Delay increases over time during the single episode and in the end 5 secs is never enough.

For example, a movie can start with perfect sub sync, but later on a minor mistiming might start to happen. Often, when scene changes, this mistiming increases. Very, very, very often 5 secs appears to be not enough to cover the mistiming value. It happens to me with almost every TV show episode, when I have to download subtitles matching the release from another group.

IndigoAK
PC Specification: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel CPU, NVIDIA GPU

Splash Needs UI Scaling

Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:58 pm

If you're going to market Splash as a 4K video player, it absolutely needs UI scaling.

As of right now, using flash on a 4K or 8K (especially on an 8K) panel is a nightmare because the UI is basically too tiny to use comfortably.

cityuser
PC Specification: I5 3570K, AMD RX470, Win7

Please add SDR monitor support

Thu May 09, 2019 3:57 pm

HDR monitors is still few among users, would you be so kind as to provide alternative solution to allow SDR support ?

Thanks for free again

lol
PC Specification: iMac 2016: cheapest model, windows 8 pro

Re: User's Whishlist

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:20 pm

opengl backend for rendering video instead of evr.
direct3d 11 backend for rendering video.
windows audio session for rendering audio files.
support 7.1 channel audio files.

catshit
PC Specification: R5 2600x GTX1070Ti Windows10 64bit

Missing Custom Option and 4K Monitor Adaption

Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:58 am

Not mention more detailed custom options like adding custom renders and decoders, it's still early for this very undeveloped player, but at least make it adapt to 4K monitors, now I have to change the compatibility option in my Windows system in order to fit the player and getting much worse 1080p pixel effect on a 4k monitor?

TimTheWizard
PC Specification: i5 3570, 16GB DDR3, GTX 1070, Windows 10

Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:11 pm

There's a simple feature I'd like to see, aditional keyboard shortcuts for different jump intervals.
For instance: right arrow: 5s, ctrl + right arrow: 10s, shift + right arrow: 30s.

StupidDog
PC Specification: 386

Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:19 pm

So, at the moment Splash doesn't seem to work with 4K HDR. I've ALWAYS wanted a player that will interpolate to 60FPS automatically, cleanly and nicely. I'm now using a 4K/HDR screen and alas Splash just won't work with it so I had to switch to other players for now.

As far as I know Splash is the ONLY player that can real time interpolate without having to install codecs, filters and stuff. More and more people are starting to train their eyes away from vintage low frame rate stuff and take advantage of 60FPS interpolation (until Hollywood finally catches up with the rest of the world). One of the biggest selling points of Splash is its ease of use doing this.

Although Splash has gone freeware I hope theres a donation button somewhere because when 3.0 comes out then I'm going to be so happy if it does what I need :) I'm MORE than happy to throw some money into it to support it. I simply can't believe that all players aren't migrating to 60FPS interpolation support until content starts being released in proper 60FPS. My eyes just can't deal with the stutter in vintage style framerates.

Return to “Splash 2.0”