scruntle
PC Specification: Windows 10 home Intel Core i5 2.50GHz,

Please add hotkey support for Splash Player

Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:44 pm

Hi. I'm loving the interpolation to fix low framrate videos! But I'm frustrated by the lack of some hotkeys!

I know that this is a much smaller project than, for example, VLC, with it's mountains and mountains of customizability, but baking in some hard-coded hotkey would certainly be fairly straightforward, right?

The Most important missing hotkeys that Splash Player needs (in my opinion) are "Next" and "Previous" to move forward or backward in the playlist. Ideally, I'd like to be able to customize them. I'm glad VLC lets me customize the hotkeys, because I hate their defaults for this; N for next, and P for previous is just inconvenient. Personally On VLC I like grouping them next to each other in the lower right hand of the keyboard, "." for previous, "/" for next.

Also, I'd also like to request a "shuffle" feature for the playlist. (and of course a hotkey for it would be terrific too.)

Finally, A lot of the options and settings are unclear. If you could make some popup descriptions of the various settings, that would be terrific! Especially needed are:
  • Motion²
  • Detail Boost
  • light boost
  • demo mode
  • smartseek

Return to “Splash 2.0”