kurly121
PC Specification: Intel i7 920 Gainward 4870 Vista SP2

WILL SPLASH SUPPORT BLU RAY & DVD DISC PLAYBACK

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:01 am

Hi all, i started using splashlite about a month ago and it's really a impressive player, small in size, quick to launch, plays mkv's mp4 m2ts etc with out a problem.

I just want to know if any version of splash will support blu ray & dvd playback as of this moment you have to navigate to the folder to play a dvd or blu ray or is only going to be a file based video player which it does very well.

I was hoping it would compete with TMT3,PDVD etc... as a full blown video player which would play disc & file based video files.

Watchman
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: Core i9-7940X, nVidia RTX2080 SLI, Win10

Re: WILL SPLASH SUPPORT BLU RAY & DVD DISC PLAYBACK

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:59 am

Hello kurly121,

Blu-Ray disc playback is our primary target (as you may have probably noticed we are an HD oriented company :)). The Splash BD product will be a fully functional Blu-Ray playback (supporting tiltle menus etc.) solution with our additional advanced video post processing techniques like 24p to 60p conversion in real time. We are also thinking about adding DVD playback to Splash BD to make it an all standard playback solution.

Best regards.

kurly121
PC Specification: Intel i7 920 Gainward 4870 Vista SP2

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:43 pm

Thats nice to hear splash bd will support all these features. Will it support the ati 5xxx series cards with bitstreaming, not just from the blu ray disc but also iso or even better from file based. If it could bitstream from file that would set it apart from the competition.

Watchman
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: Core i9-7940X, nVidia RTX2080 SLI, Win10

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:09 am

kurly121 wrote:Thats nice to hear splash bd will support all these features. Will it support the ati 5xxx series cards with bitstreaming, not just from the blu ray disc but also iso or even better from file based. If it could bitstream from file that would set it apart from the competition.
At this moment it will support LPCM bitstreaming. HD audio codec (TrueHD/DTS-MA HD) bitstreaming (from iso/file) is also considered.

TurnerC-unit
PC Specification: E8400 2Gb DDR3 HD4850cf Win 7 x86

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:04 pm

I'd also be very keen to abandon all other media players (except for maybe my VLC) if dvd functionality was added with possibile upscaling, which currently no other player offers. I've certainly put the available splash through it's paces, and hasn'y hiccup'd at any point except when to try dvd playback, weird thing was, picture was still semi-visible (minus obviously the huge green blocks on the screen) then player hangs. This gave me the impression of simply a codec issue?!?

Ghost
Mirillis Team
PC Specification: dozens...

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:22 pm

TurnerC-unit wrote:I'd also be very keen to abandon all other media players (except for maybe my VLC) if dvd functionality was added with possibile upscaling, which currently no other player offers. I've certainly put the available splash through it's paces, and hasn'y hiccup'd at any point except when to try dvd playback, weird thing was, picture was still semi-visible (minus obviously the huge green blocks on the screen) then player hangs. This gave me the impression of simply a codec issue?!?
Does the problem repeat on Splash Lite 1.3? We keep improving our codecs, full dvd support(with menus etc) however is planned for the future releases.
Mirillis Team Member

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis
Mirillis News Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/mirillisfeed

Return to “General Topics”