oscar3d
PC Specification: Intel Core i7 5930K, Nvidia GTX 680, W10

Action 2.7.4 Audio Sync Issues

Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi,

I´ve finally purchased ACTION, after testing it. Only to find out that unfortunately, screen captures that go longer than 7 minutes shows audio out of sync. I´m currently capturing at 60fps 1080p in MP4 format. This is the latest version 2.7.4.
Being able to use NVIDIA processing, was THE most important reason to puchase this product.

If you tell me I should settle for 30 FPS to solve the problem, means your product is not fulfilling advertised expectations.
If you tell me I should capture in AVI, then, I should really forget about ACTION and use FRAPS.

The audio goes out of sync dramatically at 5 minutes. When you get to about an hour of recording, the audio could get delayed to about 3 seconds.

I´ve been reading on tht forums that there was an option in ACTION to have constant frame rate capturing, for now ACTION uses variable frame rate.

This has all been said and done since version 1.x. Now 3 years later I cannot believe you are in ver. 2.7 and you are still having these issues. I would really need and answer or a course of action. Right now I´m regretting my purchase.

Please help.

Thank you.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Action 2.7.4 Audio Sync Issues

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:29 am

Report this issue to our technical support via support@mirillis.com
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

VariusVir
PC Specification: i5-4690, GTX1060 6GB, Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:37 am

Greetings!
I have the same problem, but technical support could not solve my problem ...
The advice to change the priority for Action.exe does not help.
The problem appears randomly. Without dependence on any programs. When there is a problem, it appears at any resolution with any frame rate and when recording in any mode and in any format. I reboot the PC and the problem disappears. Reboot again and it reappears.
I used different sound devices, turned off extra, changed sound settings, descritization, bit rate, set different priorities. Nothing helps. If the problem occurs, it is present in any case before restarting the PC.
I looked for a problem in my PC, turned off everything that I can turn off. But the problem does not seem to be in the PC, because the problem is not with me alone. And when the problem appears in Action, other programs record the video stably.
Had to put up and if the problem manifests itself to correct the sound manually.
If the technical support has any new solutions to the problem, then I am ready to provide all the necessary information.
P.S. Noticed, if you record a "problem" video, then the Premiere Pro program does not show the exact frame rate (59.98 or 60.03). If there is no problem, then Premiere Pro in all "stable" videos shows a frame rate of 60.00. If you manually set the frame rate to 60 for "problematic" video does not help. The sound has to be reduced manually.

Action Version: 2.7.4.
Recording Resolution: Any
Recording Mode: Any

Video Card: GeForce GTX1060 6GB
Video Driver Version: 385.69
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690
Motherboard: Asus Z97-K
Memory: DDR3 16GB
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Game/App Problem: Any
Error Type: Аudio desync
Video Editor: Premiere Pro CC.
Description: The gradual desync sound.

VariusVir
PC Specification: i5-4690, GTX1060 6GB, Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:41 pm

oscar3d wrote:Hi,

I´ve finally purchased ACTION, after testing it. Only to find out that unfortunately, screen captures that go longer than 7 minutes shows audio out of sync. I´m currently capturing at 60fps 1080p in MP4 format. This is the latest version 2.7.4.
Being able to use NVIDIA processing, was THE most important reason to puchase this product.

If you tell me I should settle for 30 FPS to solve the problem, means your product is not fulfilling advertised expectations.
If you tell me I should capture in AVI, then, I should really forget about ACTION and use FRAPS.

The audio goes out of sync dramatically at 5 minutes. When you get to about an hour of recording, the audio could get delayed to about 3 seconds.

I´ve been reading on tht forums that there was an option in ACTION to have constant frame rate capturing, for now ACTION uses variable frame rate.

This has all been said and done since version 1.x. Now 3 years later I cannot believe you are in ver. 2.7 and you are still having these issues. I would really need and answer or a course of action. Right now I´m regretting my purchase.

Please help.

Thank you.
Did you solve the problem?

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”