BerserkerCookie
PC Specification: I7 Quad. Geforce GTX 1060/ Win 10!

Re: Users' Wishlist

Wed May 16, 2018 2:36 pm

I think its over a year or more now since i suggested options like OBS in Action Mrillis and still NOTHING.
Whats the issue with the dev team to not being able to simply add some decent audio options?

What we have is "Record Microphone as separate Audio Tracks" so we have 2 audio tracks in our recording.
1 for System Sounds and 1 for Microphone sounds.

Still we cant change the volume of any of those which results in the System sound being twice or triple as loud as the Microphone sound by default.

A fact that baffles my mind cause its an issue for years now that gets completely ignored.

And we have the option to Record both Microphone and System sound in 1 audio track. Which actually lets us change the volume for both of them but doesnt help if you wanna edit the sound cause you cant edit any of those without editing the other as well.

Both options are horrible and for the most part useless.

What we NEED and not in Months but IN THE NEXT UPDATE is the following.

Record in Multiple separate audio tracks and change the volume on all of them.

As Example.

1 Audio System sounds = Volume 50%
2 Audio Microphone sounds = Volume 100%
3 Audio whatever you want = Volume whatever you want.
4. etc.
5. etc.

And that is possible and easy to do cause even free record programs manage it to do so in high quality and the program we all paid for doesnt. Thats something i wont accept. The excuses are enough we tell you this for YEARS now YEARS! GEt this shit done already.

Otherwise i advice everyone to switch to OBS as its for FREE and manages to actually listen to the user base instead of Mirillis who ignores this issue for years now.

And yes im mad AF as i paid good money for this program to now never use it as a free version of a program gets shit faster done and more efficient then this company. And every Update i wait for this key element to be changed but nothing happens.

NO ONE GIVES A S.... about a better interface. What we care about is audio tracks and file sizes and options to make them. No one in his right mind uses Action to edit or render stuff anyway so fix on your recordings or you lose alot more customers then you already have.

Claunator
PC Specification: Win 10 64-bit, i7-6700K, GTX 970

Thu May 17, 2018 1:16 pm

BerserkerCookie wrote:
What we have is "Record Microphone as separate Audio Tracks" so we have 2 audio tracks in our recording.

Still we cant change the volume of any of those which results in the System sound being twice or triple as loud as the Microphone sound by default.
Ever heard of post-editing? Bcs that's what this feature is for. U open the file in an editor and it will have 2 seperate audio tracks so u can do whatever u want with them.
And we have the option to Record both Microphone and System sound in 1 audio track. Which actually lets us change the volume for both of them but doesnt help if you wanna edit the sound cause you cant edit any of those without editing the other as well.

I smell contradiction here. This is exactly why the "Record Microphone as separate Audio Tracks" feature was created to begin with, and i love it.

As Example.

4. etc.
5. etc.
Actually, there IS a sort of workaround for this. Action 3.x.x.x has this feature called "aux audio". I don't know exactly how it works but it supposebly lets u record a third sound source into a seperated audio FILE.
No one in his right mind uses Action to edit or render stuff anyway so fix on your recordings or you lose alot more customers then you already have.
That's a very bold thing to say. Me and alot of other people edit and render their videos all the time.

BerserkerCookie
PC Specification: I7 Quad. Geforce GTX 1060/ Win 10!

Thu May 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Claunator wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:16 pm
BerserkerCookie wrote:

Ever heard of post-editing? Bcs that's what this feature is for. U open the file in an editor and it will have 2 seperate audio tracks so u can do whatever u want with them.

I smell contradiction here. This is exactly why the "Record Microphone as separate Audio Tracks" feature was created to begin with, and i love it.

As Example.

4. etc.
5. etc.
Actually, there IS a sort of workaround for this. Action 3.x.x.x has this feature called "aux audio". I don't know exactly how it works but it supposebly lets u record a third sound source into a seperated audio FILE.
No one in his right mind uses Action to edit or render stuff anyway so fix on your recordings or you lose alot more customers then you already have.
That's a very bold thing to say. Me and alot of other people edit and render their videos all the time.

1. Ever heard of post editing? I cant change the volume on how those seperate audiot tracks are recorded which leads to the system sounds always being recorded by default louder then the microphone. Even OBS can do that and that program is for free. So what is the excuse for Action exactly?

If i can record 4 different audio tracks and change the volume on all of them before i even hit record button thats great. For Free.
If i can records 2 different audio tracks but cant change any volume thats really bad. For payment.

2. It isnt a contradiction! If i record in sperarate audio tracks i wanna change the volume of said audio tracks BEFORE i record.
Again a feature a free program like OBS manages to do and Action doesnt.

Why should i have to manually edit the system sound after my recording before i render it and smooth the sound in the editor just because i cant change the fact that Action should record my microphone at 100% and my game sound by 50% at max.?
It makes my work harder for no reason.

3. Yes and i dont need another audio file i cant change the volume on. Is it so hard to understand that when i want to record system and microphone sounds on 2 separate tracks that i want to change the volume on what action should record them?

Again a free program manages to do so yet action doesnt.

4. It isnt. In terms of editing options and render options Action is horrible.
Sony Vegas. Movie Studio Platinum etc. are way better to edit and render.

If Action itself is enough for you thats fine but i need it for work and i cant rely on Action on anything else then recording and while i would like to do that i atm use OBS as its easier to actually work with then Action and its refusal to add some decent sound options for your recordings.

If i ad manually some audio tracks thats on me to edit and so on but if i record i want the option to tell the program what volume it needs to record what and in separate audio files not in only 1 i cant edit afterwards then.

Claunator

Thu May 17, 2018 3:39 pm

BerserkerCookie wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:22 pm
2. It isnt a contradiction! If i record in sperarate audio tracks i wanna change the volume of said audio tracks BEFORE i record.
Again a feature a free program like OBS manages to do and Action doesnt.

Why should i have to manually edit the system sound after my recording before i render it and smooth the sound in the editor just because i cant change the fact that Action should record my microphone at 100% and my game sound by 50% at max.?
It makes my work harder for no reason.
I'll have to ask. While i understand that sort of preference, why not do it afterwards? It's not like ur work forbits smoothing it in a dedicated editor like Sony Vegas like u mentioned. Or is it? And i'm more comfortable doing it that way. Either that or i'm too used to it.

And even though u can adjust the volume levels with the 1-track-mix option, it's still annoying bcs who knows if anything unexpected will happen which will affect the whole track and thus ruin it, which is especially annoying with very long recordings. So i'll have to agree with that.
4. It isnt. In terms of editing options and render options Action is horrible.
Sony Vegas. Movie Studio Platinum etc. are way better to edit and render.
Ooooohh that's what u meant... well of course Action is horrendous for editing and rendering bcs it wasn't made for those. It's for recording. And i actually oppose anything editor-related into Action, simply bcs there's no reason to add any.

Hjalfnar
PC Specification: Windows 10

Thu May 24, 2018 4:43 pm

To be honest I would love to use Action! for streaming and recording at the same time (because honestly OBS sucks at doing that, at least on my rig) but I can't. First of all adjusting overlays from Streamlabs does not work properly (which it does on OBS) and I can't setup the audio volume for game sound and microphone for the stream. This is honestly horrible. Action would be great if it would implement the most basic funtions of OBS.

CemixV
PC Specification: Windows 7

Fri May 25, 2018 6:34 pm

As Example.

4. etc.
5. etc.

While how they requested this was a bit crass, I do agree that having the ability to adjust the volumes being registered from games/mic/etc would be incredibly helpful. I use Action! to stream competitive games, and sound is a big thing that we need to listen to. I can't turn up my mic, either, so it's not as though I can "balance" it that way. I would highly suggest the ability to adjust these volume entries be brought in as soon as possible, especially since this was a feature on the last version of Action!, and since 3.0, they seem to have backtracked.

BrentJustice
PC Specification: Win10

Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:28 pm

The new Action! version 3 needs the option to output the Benchmarking feature of framerate over time in .CSV format again. While it is nice to have the program auto generate an HTML file, I cannot do anything with this as a reviewer. I need the raw data, the raw FPS numbers to make my own graphs from the framerate captured. Therefore, I would like to ask for an option to output the FPS captured in the traditional .CSV format, an option to select the traditional method for output is needed. Until then, I can only use an earlier version of Action! like 2.8.2

Thanks

pepsimax007
PC Specification: i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz / GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:53 am

I love the recent update where they had enabled for us to use tools to highlight/draw and edit in other ways what's on our screen for the recording.

But I would love it even more if you could use tools to e.g. blur a section of the screen. I feel like what I'm asking is pointless because I could always use the tools currently available to block out what I wouldn't want to show, but if I was able to blur out something it would be so much more aesthetically pleasing.

PS.
I just absolutely love the work you guys have done on this program. I'm in love.
Mirillis is the best <3
Thank you!

lukuxider
PC Specification: Intel - gtx980 - win10

Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Hi,

I love the app and I use it for few years now.

I would like to see 2 webcams support - it was in the app before - as I stream my races it would be nice to have wheel in one webcam and pedals in the other
Another important thing would be profiles - to be able to setup all settings for one stream like if u using webcam or overlay and what overlay (for example different overlays for different profiles) - as well like root to the specific recording for particular profile. That would be so helpful !!

Great addition would be to setup video or picture and the time for how long it would be on after pressing start streaming to have some intro to the stream.

That my thoughts and wish for the app - otherwise it is a great app

Claunator

Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:47 pm

What type of buffer mechanic does time-shift use? Whenever i have it on, it decreases my hard drive space for some reason. It feels like a storage-based buffer which is really a problem if storage space is running low. Isn't there also a memory-based buffer that loops it directly from the RAM? And does anyone know if there's any difference in them? Maybe Action could get something like an option relating to this in a future update.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”