Action Version: 2.8.2.0
Recording Specs: MP4, 1080p, 60fps
Recording Mode: Game
Hardware Acceleration: NVIDIA NVENC HEVC

Windows and Hardware
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Video Driver Version: 388.31
CPU brand and model: Intel Core i7 5820K
Motherboard brand and model: MSI X99S SLI Plus (MS-7885)
Memory: 16 GB
Monitor Resolution: 2560x1080

Problem Description
Game/App Problem: Legions: Overdrive (note that I've successfully recorded footage of Legions using Action before, but it was back in 2014 on a different computer)
Error Type: Corrupt Video
Description: I'll record bits of footage, generally about 30 seconds or less. The resulting footage plays perfectly in Action!, but the mp4 files themselves are corrupt. I tried playing them on this computer using VLC, and on my mac, with no luck. I also tried opening them in MPEG Streamclip, but it failed to recognize them as legit video files. In VLC it looks like this:
It gets stuck on that first frame while the audio plays perfectly in the background.

Since the footage plays just fine in Action, I get the sense that if I could only export/convert the MP4s from there, I could have working files. But I can't export MP4s, and if I can avoid it I don't want to record AVIs because I only have 50GB hard drive space dedicated to video footage.

Side note: of the 17 bits of footage I recorded, the first one isn't corrupt for whatever reason, despite being recorded about 5 minutes before a corrupt one and having the same specs. I'll try and figure out what's so special about that one.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: Corrupt Files (MP4)

Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:53 am

Change hardware acceleration to NVidia NVENC and see if that helps.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Sirio
PC Specification: PCCOM Gaming Nvidia

Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:42 pm

Codec HEVC from Nvidia ONLY SUPPORT WINDOWS 10 !!! UPDATE NOW!!!
The Emperatrix

alice123
PC Specification: Windows 7

Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:27 am

I think your recorded MP4 video get corrupted due to which it is unable to play perfectly in VLC media player. Well, you can try to fix this issue with these solutions:

• Solution 1: Download VLC Codec Pack - Try update your VLC to the latest version, and download VLC codec packs from CNET for this matter. There is not much to illustrate about this solution, since it is like "key-to-door" problem. Once you get the keys and you can open the certain door.

• Solution 2: Convert MP4 codec to VLC supported codec - Directly converting the MP4 videos into MOV or other files formats that VLC can handle is one of the most convenient way, of course. Those VLC has video conversion function, it is advisable for you to use a professional video format converter.

alexwaston
PC Specification: Windows 7

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:28 am

Well, it is possible that your MP4 video has become damaged or corrupted due to which you are unable to play MP4 video you have recorder or whatever. So, if it happens then you should soon try to fix this error and make your MP4 video playable. Well, you can try to fix this issue by repeating MP4 video file to gain accessibility. To do so, you have to follow the below steps:
• Make sure that you first create a copy of original MP4 files. After this, you have to rename the video file to AVI. Next, you are required to launch VLC Media Player and then select the application and then Preferences and then click on Input or Codecs.
• After this, you have to click on the option ‘Saved’ and then select the Always Fix option just next to repair corrupted MP4 video.
In this way, you can repair damaged or corrupted MP4 videos and make your MO4 video playable. So, all the very best to you.

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”