Whip
PC Specification: Windows 10 64. GTX 1060. Intel i7-6700

In recorded video, Mouse pointer is shown offset

Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:15 pm

I'm recording on a gaming laptop. When playing and recording all is well but after checking the playback footage, my mouse pointer is always offset compared to where it is moving (and clicking) when playing. This is terrible for tutorials since I can't say "click here" (for example) when the pointer does not accurately indicate where I'm actually clicking within the recording.

This only happens when recording video games in "Games & Applications" mode, active screen and desktop mode does not do this. The screenshot below illustrates this.

In the SS above, the mouse pointer is very obvious, however when playing, the pointer correctly appears over the sulfur icon. The sulfur icon is the 3rd icon from the left in the lower "Facilities" segment. When I stop recording and play the video, even though the info box is correctly popping up, my mouse pointer appears offset.

Action 2.1.0.0
Windows 10 64 bit
GTX 1060 gpu & Intel HD Graphics 530 (I use both)
16gb ram
Intel Core i7-6700HQ

When I record, I save in MP4 using the "Intel Quick Sync Video" and run the game with the nvidia GTX 1060, this way I can split load between GPU's to get better performance... from what I understand this is fairly standard when struggling to get decent frames out of a recording as I found that, depending on the game, using the one GPU (GTX 1060) for both often playing the game and recording results in terrible frames and a terrible recording.

Piotr
PC Specification: i7-6700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070

Re: In recorded video, Mouse pointer is shown offset

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:32 am

Please update Action! to the latest version and see if that helps.
Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/MirillisTeam
Find us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/Mirillis

Return to “Action! Screen and Game Recorder”